whatcha got still blooming?

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
(No inflammatory comments about it being 70 F where you are, and sunny and having five different kinds of roses in bloom, please, LOL)

I've got my bone-hardy yellow viola blooming beneath the snow, as proven by the melt we had right after christmas (fortunately we got a couple quick inches of snow when things froze back up so I am confident it still has good buds, possibly even flowers). No johnny jumpups at present. The candytuft (Iberis) that bloomed all through last winter under the snow apparently exhausted itself that way and is R.I.P. since last summer.

Surely some people in nicer parts of the world have witchhazel or hellebore or something....

Pat

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Whole lotta nada bloomin' here! :lol:

I do see some pink flowers intertwined in my neighbor's bush by their driveway, but I have no idea what it is.

Other then the new subdivisions and stuff that have freshly planted Pansies.... there's nothing. My plants all still have green leaves though... even my foxglove looks healthy but with no shoots.

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
(No inflammatory comments about it being 70 F where you are, and sunny and having five different kinds of roses in bloom, please, LOL)

But its true :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We've got bugger-all. A bunch of icicles, that's it for outdoors.

Indoors I have an African violet on a windowsill and looks like the jasmine is threatening to do something soon. That's it. I had a forsythia attempt to bloom the first week of December, but that was just confusion due to weather and a couple days later all the flowers fell off in a frost. We're not going to have so much as a snowdrop till probably the first week of March.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nothing outside, but I just started my first tray of seeds yesterday! I'm going to see how early I can get my tomatoes this year! :happy_flower

Latest posts