What's Bloomin'

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have something blooming! Since moving here all my growing efforts have gone to the vegetable garden and pasture grass. So no flower beds of beauty like so many have posted. But one of the things we did was to plant 4 crepe myrtles at the front gate. Two outside the gate and two inside the gate. We loved the deep red color. They are starting to bloom!

That’s Sheba peeking through the base

A6170B50-FAD6-4083-8105-7987F3B4C1CF.jpeg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have something blooming! Since moving here all my growing efforts have gone to the vegetable garden and pasture grass. So no flower beds of beauty like so many have posted. But one of the things we did was to plant 4 crepe myrtles at the front gate. Two outside the gate and two inside the gate. We loved the deep red color. They are starting to bloom!

View attachment 41803
I love Crepe Myrtle they won't grow in Iowa :(

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

View attachment 41803
That is so beautiful! Southern gardeners are so fortunate!

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I’m fortunate? Just look at all the gorgeous flowers you have posted! Beautiful!
Part of my response is based also on my parents living 1/2 the year in Texas for so many years, and they have raved about how well plants grow there, especially trees and perennials. They just adore Texas, and what can be grown there (especially some kind of onions, 41's ?, citrus, pecans...) So when I see that beautiful tree of yours, (I've never seen anything like it in my life!) my mind is filled with the wonder of all their stories and experiences there. We are real fans of Texas here, my daughter wore her ultra size Texas star belt buckle every day in school for grade 4.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Part of my response is based also on my parents living 1/2 the year in Texas for so many years, and they have raved about how well plants grow there, especially trees and perennials. They just adore Texas, and what can be grown there (especially some kind of onions, 41's ?, citrus, pecans...) So when I see that beautiful tree of yours, (I've never seen anything like it in my life!) my mind is filled with the wonder of all their stories and experiences there. We are real fans of Texas here, my daughter wore her ultra size Texas star belt buckle every day in school for grade 4.
What part of Texas did your parents stay in?