What's Bloomin'

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
They have a small home in, I think it's called McCallum, or thereabouts, very close to the border.
McAllen. In the Rio Grande Valley. It’s semi tropical there. I was born in the valley, it is pretty. Parents moved to east Texas when I was 2, but we went back frequently to visit family. I remember my Daddy’s cousin with an avocado tree in his back yard as high as his 2 story house!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule , I’m curious. Do you not think of Corpus Christi as “East” Texas?

You should know that many gardeners would be delighted to have a crepe myrtle in their yard. I have mentioned on TEG neighbors that have a couple in their backyard. Their fence is a 6’ wall. There was a nursery truck in the driveway the other day - not a landscaper, a nursery truck. They are trying to overcome the zone 7 (maybe zone 6) limits.

The trees look good some years peeking over the wall but have taken some winter hits. Maybe they will have an avocado next 😋.

Steve

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Found this blooming at the wild edge of the yard, another garden escapee
20210630_123712.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule , I’m curious. Do you not think of Corpus Christi as “East” Texas?

You should know that many gardeners would be delighted to have a crepe myrtle in their yard. I have mentioned on TEG neighbors that have a couple in their backyard. Their fence is a 6’ wall. There was a nursery truck in the driveway the other day - not a landscaper, a nursery truck. They are trying to overcome the zone 7 (maybe zone 6) limits.

The trees look good some years peeking over the wall but have taken some winter hits. Maybe they will have an avocado next 😋.

Steve
Corpus Christi is considered to be south Texas.

I love crepe myrtles!

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Latest posts