What's eating my tomatoes?

mener6896

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I need help! I've noticed something is eating my tomatoes, I don't know what to do about it. I was hoping to not use pesticides, but I may have to. Tell my your thoughts!

Thanks!
Mendy

6397_dsc01220.jpg
6397_dsc01218.jpg

here is one that just looks funny.... not sure what the problem is.
6397_dsc01219.jpg

miron28

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
that is called blossom end rot. you can buy some stuff called Rot Stop i got mine at the feed store cost me about 5 dollars and worked great. just spray it all over the plant and it will stop the plant from doing that. it is caused from a lack of calcium

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The first 2 photos look like blossom end rot. The plant was probably stressed in some way. The rest of the tomatos look great.
The last photo......looks kind of like it just rotted on the vine. :idunno

mener6896

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
thanks so much!! I am so glad it isn't a bug or worm!! My chickens sure do love them though!! :lol:

I'll definitely get some stuff to stop it!! and maybe add some calcium to the soil...

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had some blossom end rot, and as you can tell its localized. I added an eggshell mix from my chicken eggs to the soil to add more calcium. Things have turns around for sure.

I let the tomatoes with end rot ripen though... I fed them all to the chickens and they thanked me! :D

Latest posts