What's growing today...

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi kathyschix :happy_flower
Got some of my saladings in this morning including the oriental one & an Italian mixture. We too have unseasonably hot weather (but I suspect not as warm as yours). :coolsun If that is so I suspect that both of our oriental mixtures might bolt. I've had that problem before -- it seems to do better in the fall & last through the winter sometimes. :throw I tend to grow these sort of things in shallow pans so I can, at least, move them to the shadiest, coolest part of the garden. I have some lovely round green glazed pans about 6" deep which are perfect for the amount I need & I sow them every week or 10 days so I get a succession of fresh young greens. I change around the mixtures so I don't get bored. I also grow romaine & Cos lettuce, endive & arugula in my raised beds, between taller. :frow

I hope the temperature doesn't get too hot for you at the weekend otherwise you will have to do a lot of watering. :watering :watering :watering.

Good luck with all your veggies. I'm just off outside again to do battle with my nettles :ep there are so many of them, :hit they hurt when they sting......!!!

:rose Hattie :rose

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
i'm trying to plant a few things but i cant right now, its been raining for 3 days cant get anything done.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Greenthumb18 said:
i'm trying to plant a few things but i cant right now, its been raining for 3 days cant get anything done.
I feel ya, I should have planted the last few things I had yesterday. Sadly, today is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo windy, it blew the few plants I had out ready to go in all over my deck!!! Dirt and poor little seedlings DONE FOR!!! :hit

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The weather doesnt want to cooperate with gardeners. Sorry about that wind, are you going to sow more seeds to make up the ones you lost?

Latest posts