What's in your flock?

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This hatch is over. Final count I put 28 eggs in the incubator Wednesday February 5. I took 4 out at lockdown on Sunday February 23, two not fertile and 2 quit around 14 days. I woke up Tuesday morning with three chicks.

Of the 24 I left in, 23 hatched, so that’s 23 out of 28 eggs or 82 percent. The one that quit was fully formed and in the right position for internal pip but it did not quite make it. The yolk was mostly but not all the way absorbed.

That's my wife's niece's hands. Mine sure don't look like that.

There are a few surprises here, a red chick and a blonde chick I did not expect. I'm anxious to see how they feather out.

View attachment 1344 View attachment 1345 View attachment 1346 View attachment 1347 View attachment 1348
Adorable, I have a long 2.5 week wait ahead of me.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The girls aren't looking too hot at the moment because most went through a late molt. On my farm page Nelson's Urban Agriculture on facebook there are a few pictures of my girls on there :)

https://www.facebook.com/nelsonurbanag
HTQ, how do your Blue Andalusian do way up there in MN? I was interested in them a while ago but was afraid that they would lose half of their combs to frostbite.

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HTQ, how do your Blue Andalusian do way up there in MN? I was interested in them a while ago but was afraid that they would lose half of their combs to frostbite.
They do pretty well. They dont like being cooped up a lot. They lay very well and are extremely smart. Their combs get a tiny bit of front bite but not enough for them to lose anything, I really enjoy them.

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Nice chickens everybody! I don't have pics right now but my flock consists of EasterEggers, Australorps, Welsummers, Orpingtons, New Hampshire Reds, um. . .i think that's it at the moment. We will see if I can resist getting chicks this spring! :p

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Nice chickens everybody! I don't have pics right now but my flock consists of EasterEggers, Australorps, Welsummers, Orpingtons, New Hampshire Reds, um. . .i think that's it at the moment. We will see if I can resist getting chicks this spring! :p
Quick, get some pictures! Do you have a roo?

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love the look of the Hampshire Reds, never had the pleasure of owning one. :( Always wanted to though.
How do you like them?

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I set 32 eggs and candled wend (1/2 time) and only 2 were tossed, so have 30 looking really good. All NN from green, brown and white eggs.

Latest posts