Reaction score
Here are pics of my flock

audra (2).jpg
coolj (1).jpg
jackieo.jpg
littlegirl (2).jpg
reba.jpg
shakespear.jpg

I had a huge massacre in Oct and lost nearly my entire flock these were the only survivors (and a couple of boys that got rehomed or invited to dinner)

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That is Baby girl, or Little girl (I call her both) she is tiny and my only surviving EE from the attack. I caught her checking out the layer nest today.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't have any good current ones, but a few from the past.

Black Gold Roo.jpg
A young mixed cockerel form a couple of years ago.

Molting Hen.jpg
A molting hen.

DSCF1367.JPG
Part of the flock from last spring.

Display.JPG
The only bird I ever named. I called him Pilgrim, partly for his special day and partly because when he strutted he reminded me of John Wayne.

Attachments

• SS & Flock.JPG
    SS & Flock.JPG
    283.7 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
chickens1babies.JPG These are my first chicks -- Light Brahmas and Australorps -- from 2011.
chickens1.JPG Same birds a bit later ... the Australorps were easy to identify and name, but the Brahmas all looked alike. We tried food dye to mark and name the Brahmas.

chickenHilda W: babies.JPG Hilda with chicks she hatched. All three were roos.:(

chicken monte.JPG The Count of Monte Cristo, Monte, was their pop.

chickens2baby.JPG The Grands wanted easier-to-identify chicks, so I got these the next year. They are the same birds in the following photo. I sold all but one Australorp, Lt. Brahma, and Leghorn. Monte went with his girls to a new home.

chickens roosting.JPG At the bottom is Ranger -- now gone -- a Cuckoo Moran; on the middle roost is the Cochin called Poachie and my Easter Egger, Egglet. On the top is Nesco (long story); my Buckeye, Cincy and Tres Olivia, my female Cockoo. In the back is Brooke the Lt. Brahma and Brownie, a black sex-link. Not shown is Hilda my last Australorp. Tres Olivia got her name from the Three Olives™ box she came home in.

Best friends.JPG Here is Maverick with Poachie.

Gypsy with Brooke. Chicken brook.JPG

chicken mary.JPG Here is Bloody Mary, one of three rescued leghorns.

Lucy is checking the patio door for someone to bring food. Lucy on deck.JPG
She knows chickens are not allowed on the deck, but she was an instigator and leader among hens.

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, Ridgerunner! Not only do I like the looks of your birds, I like the fencing you have for them. Little pen here, bigger pen there. I hope I can build some fencing like yours within the next two years.

Was Pilgrim a gracious guest for the holidays or will he earn a permanent pardon? I haven't tried turkeys yet, but have been wanting to. Do they have their own coop and yard?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some older picts:

My EE Candy up front and Raisin & Citizen the SLW to the left (along with Cougan) and the 2 S Sussex Nova & Sola
all the girls 11.22.12.jpg

Better pict of Sola
Sola 1.12.13 (2).JPG

My handsome but mean as a 2-headed snake roo
(who is no longer)
Hurra 1.12.13 (4).jpg

... humm.. why is this one so small?????

Benzo, the new roo
DSCF0226.JPG

Candy again - LOL
DSCF0982.JPG

I need to get some new picts......

Latest posts