What's Left?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a lot out there in the garden to do!

It's chilly. There aren't many hours of sunlight.

I even need to get the lettuce seedlings outta their flat and into the greenhouse bed. How tuff can that be?!?

Where are you at in your end-of-season plans and accomplishments?

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The ground isn't frozen yet, but I think I'll go ahead and plant my garlic anyway. :D

I have a pile of manure to spread on the FKG (former kids garden ;) )
and need to plan what I'm doing in the front garden where my potatoes failed so well. Should have the tractor guy till it all up and be ready to sow oats over the whole thing next spring. I need to do more reading on that...

I have a few perennials to move around and two cedar trees to plant as soon as I decide where to locate them. Yeah, one of those unplanned bargains.:rolleyes:

It's cold! So I think I'll start with some housework and wait for a few more degrees outside.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've planted broccoli, cauliflower, garlic, kale, cilantro, and sugar snap peas. I have one more empty tiny bed. I need to think of what to plant there. Those darn snails are eating my sugar snap peas. :barnie

Mary

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've planted broccoli, cauliflower, garlic, kale, cilantro, and sugar snap peas. I have one more empty tiny bed. I need to think of what to plant there. Those darn snails are eating my sugar snap peas. :barnie

Mary

Mary, when life give you lemons, make lemonade. Plant more sugar snap peas to feed the snails, then within 90 days they should be fat enough to serve a fine French gourmet fare of "s car go" . :thumbsup

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just stopped in to catch a bite to eat and found this thread. I have so much to do before winter sets in and I'm feeling the stress. With cutting and harvesting the corn and beans we have been working 14 to 16 hours a day. We belong to a co-op for the heavy equipment and everyone in the co-op has had problems this year with mechanical failures. After shuffling schedules about a million times it looks like all of us are finally seeing some daylight at the end of the tunnel. The corn dryers are humming 24/7 and the combines, tractors, trucks, and ATVs keep the atmosphere heavy with dust and lady bugs.

The ladies in our two families here at PlayStation have done an excellent job with harvesting the late crops from the veggie gardens, pulling old plants, chopping sweet corn stalks, spreading mountains of compost, and tilling and prepping the gardens for next season.

Gotta go now.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We still need to winterize the strawberry bed and roses. Then the camper needs cleaned out so mice have no reason to over winter in it again. :( Plus all the beds have been overtaken by weeds. Time to pull, chop or burn off what we can. Then cut out all the volunteer trees around the house foundation. Go grief, they just keep coming back. Root system has gone too far to dig out, plus they may be near phone cables etc... not sure how to get them gone for good. I will take suggestions)

Latest posts