What's Left?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I never noticed that! Not only is he handsome, but he's well trained as well....kudos to a wife who can get a man to kneel in her presence! :bow

:lol:

The man can cook, he can garden, and handsome to boot. One lucky wife.

Mary

being old school all ways open the door for her, no training required.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have garlic to plant. DH has been pulling up old plants when he feels good. DS and I are going to spread the rabbit manure and compost soon. DH and DS have been raking leaves. There is a lot of kale and collards still in the garden. I have been freezing and dehydrating. I even brought in fresh tomatoes 2 nights ago. DS and I worked on getting the rabbit hutch ready for winter today.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've got lots of dirt to move ... and it's heavy!

The beds in the little veggie garden needed for composting in place now are filled with compostables. Several wait to be recovered with soil. I may not be able to do all that today and more of that heavy water ;) might fall out of the sky onto the dirt, tomorrow.

Nearly all of the dahlia roots are down in their basement winter home.

Steve

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last night Jack Frost was out and about for the first time for this season as everything in sight has a white coating . BRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr !!! :oops:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
took in butter leaf,oak leaf and joker lettuces today to work to my select patons, really hope that the weather stays mild for a couple more weeks. maybe not so wet!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Done.

That's what I'm calling it - done. The compost bucket was missed and there was a pile of soil in the central path for what serves as my hoop house for a couple months each year. I got one end of a bed dug, compost buried, with that soil moved on top of it.

The other part of that bed has some okay mustard greens growing on it. At least, they have been growing. There is a little rain today so they should like that. It won't be as cold Tuesday morning as in NWMontana but we'll just have to see how they do with that. Hopeful :).

If'n I wanted to be a little more sure than hopeful, I'd set up that hoop house now. It should work just about as well, in combination with the inside low tunnels, as what I have in the greenhouse -- which really IS growing!

I'm reading that book @HunkieDorie23 suggested. Nova Scotia gardener, I'll go over on that thread and post something about her ...

Literature, ya know - winter.

:) Steve

Latest posts