What's this flowering mounding plant?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I bought a mounding flowering plant at the nursery in July. Don't know what I did with the tag that came with it, I keep them all from what I have in my yard. I decided to collect seeds from it today, and I need to label my envelopes!

Its a unique drought tolerant plant. The flowers look like tiny carnations with red petals that are dotted in white. I love cutting them for tiny vases I have, and I get TONS of blooms from it.

mound_plant.jpg

I'll get a better picture if needed!

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i actually just got a flower catalog today, thats what it looks like. Ive had them before, very sturdy and easy to grow.

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
They are right on - dianthus (pinks). I have some that are a bright salmon and they do come back every year. They bloom like crazy.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I LOVE this plant so much. I'm hoping to get more for next year because it is wonderful for cutting. I have teeny tiny vases from a set a friend bought me. They are very 'modern' in look and there are 5 of them. This is the only flower I have that really 'fill' these vases and look gorgeous at the same time.

Now, while I was seeding them, all I'm getting is these itty bitty teeny weeny tiny black seeds. They are so small, I've never seen anything this small. Are these correct, or am I getting to the seed too late? Just want to make sure I'm doing it right. I have a good 10 places I would like to grow them.

Latest posts