Whats Your Favorite Herb or Vegetable?

Lavender44

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I work with Triscuit and we are heading a Home Farming Movement by including plantable seed cards in 4 million boxes of Triscuit to help encourage people to grow their own herbs and vegetables. On our site, www.triscuit.com/homefarming, you can find gardening tips from the grandmaster gardener himself, Paul James. Hes our resident expert who provides detailed instructional videos. Whats your favorite herb or vegetable?
biggrin-1.png

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hard to pick a favorite, but I go through a lot of chives. And basil...well...and oregano too. Then there is the fresh thyme...

I LOVE herbs :D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this, I've added our hobby farm as well.

Favorite vegetable: carrot

Favorite herb: basil

Lavender44

Leafing Out
Reaction score
It is good to hear that many of you love herbs and vegetables. Beavis and Vfem, thank you for adding your home farms to our interactive map. In fact, Bevis, since your favorites are tomato and basil, here is a tasty Tomato Basil Salad recipe from our site that I think you will enjoy.
Tomato Basil Salad
IMG_2.5.1.1_tomatobasilsalad.jpg

Prep time: 10 min
Total time: 10 min
Makes: 8 servings
What you need
4 large tomatoes, sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 cup KRAFT Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
Make it
ARRANGE tomatoes, onions and basil on serving platter; sprinkle with cheese.
DRIZZLE with dressing.
SERVE immediately.

Link: http://www.kraftbrands.com/homefarming/growing/storing/recipes/Pages/tomato-basil-salad.aspx

There are more tasty recipes on our site that you can make using other herbs and vegetables. Let me know what you think!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My favorite keeps changing as I discover new ones. Right now I am exploring the possibilities of Tagetes lucida, also called mint marigold and Texas mint. So far my favorite recipe is to flatten out a chicken breast slightly with a tenderizer mallet and roll it around mint marigold sprigs. Bake it and slice it like pork tenderloin so you end up with sort of cinamon roll slices with the mint as the cinnamon
Of course my workhorse herbs are about the same as everyone else but it's fun to discover new ones.

Mattemma

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I like the lemon balm,lovage,dill,and mints. Love to smell them. My dd loves chives.

I really liked the ground cherries and tomatillios I planted last year.

Latest posts