When do you call police?

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You ABSOLUTELY did the right thing Nyboy. She had called you first, and you were merely attempting to accommodate her request. She didn't respond when you tried to contact her in person.....you in no way invaded her privacy!

At least she was just out drunk, and not otherwise incapacitated ...broken hip, deceased.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am using a iPad overlook any mistakes please. SAt

Afternoon a older client who lives alone with 4 dogs called me crying. HEr 16 year old dog died,she kept repeteing I lost my best friend. SHe asked if one. Of my guys could bury dog next day. I told her not to worry my guys would be there in the am. ABout 1030 I sent 2 guys she lives about 5 houses from kennel. 3 dogs where outside car in driveway but no answer to door or phone. I went back at 11:30 12:30 2:00 calling every half hour. WE had a heatwave hitting 90, the dogs outside all day. AT 3:00 I went back with a friend,now I was very worried something was wrong. WE went to house next door, neighbor said dogs where never out all day, said no one visits if car in driveway she is home. AT about 4pm I called police. All day I was going back and forth about calling. AFter talking to next door neighbor police broke in. THey found her passed out drunk. Now I wish I never called police. HOw do you know when to call with a senior?
You did the right thing and should not hesitate to do it again.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am glad that it turned out ok. Poor woman lost her best friend and drank too much. At the very least, her other dogs got to go back in the house. I just gotta ask, did her dog get buried?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks guys she called me this morning to thank me. I was feeling guilty of invading her privacy. Everyone here made me feel better. CArol I am sorry about your brother :hugs
Thanks Alex, I am glad she is o.k. and not angry with you.