When Posting a New Thread

Finnie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Edited my first response because it was incorrect after I figured out my second response.

Last edited:

Finnie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh, I see what you mean now that I tried it. It jumps you out of the title field to the main body of the text. Maybe the forum doesn’t want people making bold text titles. Maybe it’s a consistency thing.

Edit: a ha! I think I just realized why: Threads with bold titles mean you have not read it yet. Threads with normal titles mean there is nothing new that you haven’t read. Therefore, we do not have the option to bold our titles. 😉

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I see what you mean now that I tried it. It jumps you out of the title field to the main body of the text. Maybe the forum doesn’t want people making bold text titles. Maybe it’s a consistency thing.

Edit: a ha! I think I just realized why: Threads with bold titles mean you have not read it yet. Threads with normal titles mean there is nothing new that you haven’t read. Therefore, we do not have the option to bold our titles. 😉

yes! :) imagine the chaos if everyone could do what they wanted to the titles...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You could go with your computer's Character Map.

Or, those alphabet letters that are common to Western European languages and available in Windows. Perhaps it would be a little surprising if you used an Asian writing system for most members. It wouldn't be bold but there would be a certain drama :D.

ßØŁÐ ẊỲŹ

A little "addition" would be the suits of playing cards: ♣♦♠♥. Hey now, those are fairly bold!

Steve ;)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
You could go with your computer's Character Map.

Or, those alphabet letters that are common to Western European languages and available in Windows. Perhaps it would be a little surprising if you used an Asian writing system for most members. It wouldn't be bold but there would be a certain drama :D.

ßØŁÐ ẊỲŹ

A little "addition" would be the suits of playing cards: ♣♦♠♥. Hey now, those are fairly bold!

Steve ;)

unfortunately such use reminds me of spammers from the past that would try such tricks to get by filters.

Latest posts