When To hot To turn on Stove

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Any meal at a restaurant is fine with me. Just semi-kidding. I will make chicken salad sandwiches if I have roast chicken in the fridge or tuna sandwiches.

Mary

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm with Mary's first reply, it's nere too hot for a restaurant to turn on their stove!!
And, besides we don't use ours even if it's cool out, every meal is from somewhere other than home.

THANX RICH

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Salad or toast a bagel and slap something on it. I don't know that I have a favorite meal, though if I had to imagine what they serve in Heaven, it would probably taste a lot like spicy gumbo and sweet cornbread.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Who wants to freshen up enough to go out to eat after a long hot day? I'd rather stay home and eat a bowl of cereal. (Unless DH wants to run out to get something to bring home, haha)
I cook most days, and nearly always cook enough for left overs.
I really need to get past my hermit stage. It is hampering my life. It takes a major happening to get me to go to town, other than my routine outings. Or grandkids.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
With Air Conditioning it's never too hot to cook a meal. I can really heat the kitchen up when I'm canning. But in the heat of summer we cook a lot more things in the toaster oven instead of the main oven to try to keep AC bills down a bit. We use the pressure cooker where we can instead of slower methods that heat the kitchen (and house) up more. And if it is sunny we often use a solar oven to cook things. Our menu is different in summer than winter. Meals are usually "lighter" if that is the right word. We might cook fish that doesn't take very long as opposed to a casserole that bakes for a long time. There are a few things you can do to adjust.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm with Mary's first reply, it's nere too hot for a restaurant to turn on their stove!!
And, besides we don't use ours even if it's cool out, every meal is from somewhere other than home.

THANX RICH
Wow Dickiebird, that's a lot of eating out. I thought I was bad on weekends. For some reason we enjoy eating out on the weekends. We especially love going out to breakfast even though that's the easiest meal to prepare. We just have so many lovely spots and it's our date time. But during the week, I always cook.

Mary

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
When it's too hot to cook around here it's 'take out' time, fish and chips, chinese, pizza, hamburgers etc. Friday is our night for going out, Saturday is DH's turn :), lunch is always 'take out', a sub veggie sandwich, hamburgers, soup from a local cafe. Supper, chili on toast, baked beans, or more take out. I take these two days off;).
Sundays I usually cook a roast, ribs, chicken, shish kabobs, or something a little more interesting with all the trimmings, hang over from how I grew up I guess, I always looked forward to Sunday dinner at home.
Annette

Latest posts