Where I'm coming from . . .

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle', I may be using the wrong term since this is a qwerty keyboard and I think the term applies to a phone keyboard.

The tablet is guessing what I have to say. With 1 or 2 keystrokes, the "predicted" word is on the screen.

If I can see in 2 places at once typing goes faster.

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
What is predictive text?
I think that's where the computer thinks it knows what you want to say, and fills in the rest of the word for you after you type the first 3 letters or so. It gets lots of people in trouble, when they don't check it, because the word the computer fills in for you could be way off from what you intended to say. There are pinterest "humor" entries that are entire texting conversations based around an incorrect word.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
1st experience now with the touch typing.

I can remember how awkward it was at 1st to text with 2 thumbs. Now, I am hoping to use more than 1!

I'm just learning terms. How to copy and paste on a touchscreen, highlight and, what do we call it, e n l a r g e, so that I can hit that bold &/or italic button on a screen that 1 hand nearly covers!

Yep. You already know I miss a lot proofreading! Need to step up that game, too!

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here is something, I just saw tonight:

:old
I know he's scary but go ahead and click the little old guy! (PBS Newshour.)

Steve

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good article Steve! What a great service for seniors. And you know i believe that trying and learning new things is great for your brain - you're doing all kindsa mental gymnastics just learning your new tablet!!

I find that TEG in particular i need to make bigger so i can hit the right buttons, they seem very tiny!

Latest posts