where to get half gallon or gallon canning jars??

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I'm wondering where I can get half gallon or gallon ball jars and plastic lids, I did a search at ball.com and found only canning as in can products and no glass jars there, so now I don't know where to find their glass products, can anyone help? Thanks..:idunno

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've saved the gallon pickle jars i get from the store. i thought i saw somewhere you can get lids that will be able to fit them. i have saved the lid and just hand washed it so it doesn't rust, and then reused it for making more pickles. the safety seal still works as long as you didn't originally force the cover off by prying the edge. i have a huge pot to be able to do the water bath with them but they take up a lot of space-both the jars and the pot.

you might want to type something in like 'mason' or 'glass jars' if you are on Ball's website. sometimes the self sufficient websites have links to suppliers of canning/preserving supplies and should have lids on there. try doing a general search for glass canning jars too in your browser. Ball is not the only maker of canning supplies.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Whooo Doggie, that would be some kinda pot to be able to can a gallon jar in.
I get half gallon and gallon jars from a couple local restaurants, jalapenos come in the 1/2 gallon and a lot of stuff comes in the gallon jars.
I use them for pickles and a hot mix I make. Hot mix has calif, pickles, carrots, pearl onions, okra and all sorts of peppers.
Good stuff!!!

THANX RICH

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I get half gallon jars, and the white lids, locally at Tractor Supply.
Also, for those folks in the Newport, WA area (you know who you are), Ben Franklin had them at Christmas... :)

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
trunkman said:
I'm wondering where I can get half gallon or gallon ball jars and plastic lids, I did a search at ball.com and found only canning as in can products and no glass jars there, so now I don't know where to find their glass products, can anyone help? Thanks..:idunno
The half and one gallon jars are only recommended for very high acid foods (Ball and the USDA recommends only grape or apple juice) and they also only recommend water bath canning.

The only thing I use 1/2 an 1 gallon jars for is to store our goats milk in.
One other thing I would highly HIGHLY recommend not buying off of Amazon unless you are using a prepaid bank card.
We bought off of there 2 times and both times there was unapproved purchases showing up on our bank statement (one was for $2000.00 in the UK) luckily the bank reimbursed the money and the banker also sided that they (the bank) have been having a lot trouble with Amazon purchases and said if we did anymore purchasing on Amazon to use a prepaid bank card and just put one the amount of money that you need for that purchase.
Needless to say we will no longer use Amazon.

Chris

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Chris, goats milk is the only reason I want to get the half gallon or gallon jars, I just wanted to know where to purchase them, thanks for all the extra info, and thank you everyone for telling me where I can purchase them... :D

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score

Latest posts