WHEW!! PE-YOU!

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are ok Lucky! You got lucky on that one. I hope it isn't an old age thing...you know...getting forgetful? I have caught myself forgetting things a time or two. Used to be, the OCD would kick in. Now, the OCD has to fight the middle aged forgetfullness. I just try to never leave the kitchen when I am cooking.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
That would freak me out! I am always leaving a burner or oven on . DH looks at it and asks. Are you going to bake something? Oops. Do be careful. I know house fires are NO FUN. (It as been 6 years since ours.)Glad all is O.K. Have a safe holiday.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've had a couple of close calls lately. haven't in years. start one thing, go to another &forget the first thing while moving on to the next.
sure glad your house didn't burn down.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
You ARE lucky!! Next time, start your water in a crock pot and take the lid off.
Just FYI, I have radiator heat and there is such a difference in humidity with it. I have old wooden kitchen cabinets and my humidity meter is the two cabinets that won't shut unless the humidity is low enough, which it is now. Otherwise they buckle out.
I was up early on a Saturday recently, and left the kettle to boil out of water for about 2 hours while I went back to bed. TOTALLY freaked me out! Fortunately, nothing came of it. Even the kettle is still usable.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You ARE lucky!! Next time, start your water in a crock pot and take the lid off.
Just FYI, I have radiator heat and there is such a difference in humidity with it. I have old wooden kitchen cabinets and my humidity meter is the two cabinets that won't shut unless the humidity is low enough, which it is now. Otherwise they buckle out.
I was up early on a Saturday recently, and left the kettle to boil out of water for about 2 hours while I went back to bed. TOTALLY freaked me out! Fortunately, nothing came of it. Even the kettle is still usable.

Forced air gas heat is just the worst for drying out the air. I have tried several different humidifiers, but our water has so much calcium, if I don't clean it every day, it gets clogged up. The way it is, I can only boil water for about 8 hours before the pan gets so coated with white deposits it starts making a loud rattling noise trying to boil. I soak the pan with vinegar or Lemi-shine over night, while we sleep, then it is ready to go in the morning. Big PIA, though. And there's that random forgetting thing......

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I need to be doing something constructive instead of this. I still have Christmas gifts to finish, and to wrap, and dishes to wash........closing lap top right now...bye!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Goobly Goop, I need to get out to the sidewalk and move some snow!

School is out in 15 minutes and the kids will be showing up on that concrete!

Back for a few minutes from important stuff and here I am on TEG again!

Steve . . !

better get to my editing!
bleeding-heart-flower-1_zps9453f211.jpg

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, i'm back . . . whew eee! I'll get the rest of it after if stops snowing. . .

Turns out the kids got outta school right after lunch . . .

Yeah, I found the frozen footprints under the new snow.

digitS'

better get to my editing!
bleeding-heart-flower-1_zps9453f211.jpg

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
No school today! The roads, driveway, and sidewalks are coated in a thick layer of ice. My BFF down the road found herself without food, milk, and with two munchkins that should have gone home to daddy's Thursday night. So she bundled everyone up and walked a very icy mile to my house for flour, milk, and sugar. While the youngsters were eager to start the walk to visit my munchkins, they were far less excited about the long, cold trek home.

I let them get a start and then tested the car on the ice. Since I had no problem, I drove them the rest of the way home. Boy did the girls LOVE me!

Later, I took my grands over to sled at BFF's house when it started raining again. Yuck! It froze on the windows and convinced me that taking the grands ice skating tonight was out. They want to skate, they have the whole driveway and road.

Latest posts