While the garden looks good. (Lots of photos.) Update, more pics!!!

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I did all of that already. I start my seeds in January, get them in the ground as soon as the frosts are over ~march 21. The best gardens need to be planted by Beb14, but the oddball freezes and frosts make it frustrating.
I think I might be ahead a bit. My summer garden is now over. It gets to hot and humid too quick down here.
I still have tomatoes in the green house though.
I can not grow them outside because of the insect pressures. It is too hot to set new bud, but I have plenty of fruit ripening still.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah up here my spring harvest coincides with getting the summer garden in and prepared. I'm not complaining since I have four seasons and can grow a lot of stuff but I do get tired. Well, time ot go get another 8 bales of wheat straw to continue the mulching.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol! Your garden is gorgeous!! :love I love the cow panel hoops! All those nice rows of plants that will soon be loaded with yummy things to eat! What is that vacant space behind the garden? Yours? Space for a chicken coop maybe??

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol! Your garden is gorgeous!! :love I love the cow panel hoops! All those nice rows of plants that will soon be loaded with yummy things to eat! What is that vacant space behind the garden? Yours? Space for a chicken

@baymule There are about 6 fruit trees, apple and pear. A wild blackberry patch, A burn pile, A row of junk cars and boats. A shooting range. And hubby's bee hives. Good thing we have 2 acres. :confused:

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Great use of space & manpower

Cute spaniel by the way! And you need to get DH to plant flowers so you can enjoy the labors and not just give them away if he wants to expand the beds even more. I don't think your bees would mind ;)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great use of space & manpower

Cute spaniel by the way! And you need to get DH to plant flowers so you can enjoy the labors and not just give them away if he wants to expand the beds even more. I don't think your bees would mind ;)
Don't worry @Jared77 I have already taken up about 1 1/2 to 1/1/3 of the 30 ft beds with flowers. ;) Wildflower mixes, lilies, holly hock, coneflower, cut flower mix, glads. And a row of peonies at the front of the lot.
The dog is William Vom Wapsi. He is hubbies hunting dog. aka Spoiled Brat. He is a German breed. A Duetcher Wachtelhund.

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@baymule There are about 6 fruit trees, apple and pear. A wild blackberry patch, A burn pile, A row of junk cars and boats. A shooting range. And hubby's bee hives. Good thing we have 2 acres. :confused:

I have three.. so that means I should be able to squeeze more in!
I have the blackberries, burn pile, junk car, bee garden/hive, fruit trees, chickens, greenhouses and gardens... goats. I need dairy goats...and a toady. I keep forgetting that I will need a lackey.
Or more energy, but at my age a lackey might be more realistic.

A pond might be nice, but then I would have perpetually wet dogs..