White Tomato

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yep... been waiting and waiting for this to ripen as it was labeled Purple Cherokee. Turns out to be a white wonder and it is nice and soft and ripe! LOL

14084_white_tomato.jpg

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Did you grow it or buy it? I posted on the tomato patch thread that I ordered black cherry and got black plum. The tops stay green on the plums and stuff was going bad as I waited for the tops to ripen :p

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
Did you grow it or buy it? I posted on the tomato patch thread that I ordered black cherry and got black plum. The tops stay green on the plums and stuff was going bad as I waited for the tops to ripen :p
I grew the white tomato.

I am also growing chocolate cherry tomatoes, and the tops are green when I pick them... if I wait for them to turn more purple they go bad! These are FANTASTIC for cooking with.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wifez, Year before last I grew the red current (from Territorial) and it was awsomely productive, and ripened early, so I had a good long season of it. I did find it tedious to pick tho, so when my niece came for a visit I sat her down on a bucket and she picked for 20 minutes or more. She thought it was fun tho because they were so "adorable"

:lol:

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
LOL...

I will have to borrow my friend's granddaughter for that :D The only problem is she likes tomatoes so may eat more than she harvest...

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, vfem, just looked at that white tomato pic again and noticed we have the same black and white rug!!

Latest posts