Who am I GWade

Reaction score
George Wade, 70 year old retiree...life is full and pleasant everyday...never bored. Wife and transplanted from MA to KY about 10 years ago.
Former Anatomic and Clinical Pathologist/Laboratory Divisions Director, Hematology Fellow, PhD (Pathology).
Small farm, pair of elderly retired horses, flocks of guinea hens, Pekin ducks, and chickens.
Two stocked pond farms, one with koi, the second with sunfish and frogs.
Experienced dairy farmer in younger years, now avid gardener.
Avid Bow and (less so) gun hunter; small game and whitetails.
Avid fisherman, conventional and fly rod, avid fly tier, self-taught/experienced deer and small game taxidermy on personal kills only.
Continual study in pathology and religious history (especially comparative studies of religious beliefs...yes, I am a Christian believer).
Periodic work in farm property management required in areas involving mechanical, electrical, plumbing and hydrologic systems.
Some free time with wife and 2 metal detectors going over daughter's 80+ acre farm looking for Civil War relics.
My family and I are Biblical (Ten Commandment) Sabbath keepers (Sabbaterians) since we find Sunday (on which pagans worshipped the sun) never Biblically condoned. (As intended by God, we find this single day of absolute rest from weekly work and meditation on the spiritual reinvigorates!).

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
George Wade, 70 year old retiree...life is full and pleasant everyday...never bored. Wife and transplanted from MA to KY about 10 years ago.
Former Anatomic and Clinical Pathologist/Laboratory Divisions Director, Hematology Fellow, PhD (Pathology).
Small farm, pair of elderly retired horses, flocks of guinea hens, Pekin ducks, and chickens.
Avid fisherman, conventional and fly rod, avid fly tier, self-taught/experienced deer and small game taxidermy on personal kills only.
Continual study in pathology and religious history (especially comparative studies of religious beliefs...yes, I am a Christian believer).
Periodic work in farm property management required in areas involving mechanical, electrical, plumbing and hydrologic systems.
Some free time with wife and 2 metal detectors going over daughter's 80+ acre farm looking for Civil War relics.
My family and I are Biblical (Ten Commandment) Sabbath keepers (Sabbaterians) since we find Sunday (on which pagans worshipped the sun) never Biblically condoned. (As intended by God, we find this single day of absolute rest from weekly work and meditation on the spiritual reinvigorates!).

uh, um, ok... welcome to TEG. :)

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, George. I'm in Vermont where my late hubby and I resided for close to 50 years, and I still do. I've been intrigued by the art of taxidermy from an early age, come from a family of outdoorsmen and women, and we cared for a herd of 4 equines into their last years on our property. WE entertained the idea of keeping chickens, but never made that dream a reality. (I'm not religious but I do worship the sun and celebrate the solstices.)

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forums george! I hope you share your activities, and I hope you're doing great!!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Curious. Since you hold to the Sabbath, do you count time as they did in OT? Do you obey all the commands of holding to the Sabbath? Not wanting to get into discussion here as this is a gardening site-just curious.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh George, I am afraid you will be driven nuts by our inorganized and frenetic forum content. No one will blame you if you run for the hills now, before you get sucked in by a few of the nicer folks on here. Some times we just horse around, which we all need more of, these days.
If you decide to stay, please just take us with a grain of salt. We have much to share, and learn, and discuss.
What is your favorite crop to grow? I didn't see that you have chickens...I think you need chickens, don't you?
You are to be envied for having 80 acres to roam looking for Civil War relics. My DH would join you in a heartbeat.
Enjoy your time here. It's nice to have you.

Latest posts