Who are you, and what does that avatar really mean?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
This might be considered a companion to Steves "How did you get here?" topic.

It could be, "Who are you and what does that avatar really mean?" In fact that's so clever, I think I'll use that for the subject title ;) .

I often ponder the names and avatars of the posters on this forum, wondering what deep and wonderful meanings are hidden in the
sometimes cryptic and code like handles.

Now some of them even I get. Like those of you forthright salt of the earth types who use your actual name and photo.

...or is that your real name....hmmmm.

So, does anybody want to come clean on this, or do you prefer the cloak of mystery and want to keep us wondering?

gardentoad

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
My avatar is of my Lab,which I think of as one of my kids, just love that dog......and my user name is garden toad cause I like to garden and I always feel like a toad..
That's my story and I'm sticking to it..

Don

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'll go first although mine is really no mystery. My handle is Southern Gardener because I live in the south and I'm a gardener. My avatar is a Louisiana Iris, or a fleur-de-lis because I love the flower and they are so easy to grow. See? No mystery here - I'm an open book. :)

eta Don beat me to the first post - I'll go second. . .

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
gardentoad said:
My avatar is of my Lab,which I think of as one of my kids, just love that dog......and my user name is garden toad cause I like to garden and I always feel like a toad..
That's my story and I'm sticking to it..

Don
LOL!!! thanks for the laugh Don!!! :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Years ago, I thought "Green Thumb!"

So, "Green Digit!"

Since my name is Steve: "Steve's Green Digit" or "S' Digit" or "DigitS'" . . .

The glove picture is just to make clear that I'm talking about digits not digital or something high tech. And, I do have to wear gloves or I beat up the skin on my hands something terrible. It takes conscious effort to remember to put the gloves on before I reach for something.

Steve

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't know where the name came from, "the voice" in my head told me to use it. As for the pic, it was one I found online of an underwear / runway model! :gig :plbb

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Kassaundra said:
I don't know where the name came from, "the voice" in my head told me to use it. As for the pic, it was one I found online of an underwear / runway model! :gig :plbb
Yah, right!!!

To answer the question, dickiebird was what my grandmother called me many years ago.
The avatar is an older photo of me!!!

THANX RICH

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I chose the new one because the old one didn't reflect my true personality.

Latest posts