Who doesn't like avatars?

TEG Project Manager

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We just love how this new platform uses avatars (the little pics that you associate with your user account) throughout the system!

In fact, peeps without avatars show up even more now than before (boring gray question marks).

So, we are encouraging our peeps to upload avatars to their accounts. It doesn't have to be a pic of you... it can be a pic of your favorite herd animal, plant or whatever you like!

Uploading an avatar is easy peasy! Just click here and follow the instructions:http://www.theeasygarden.com/account/avatar

Also, if you don't have an avatar, you'll get a new trophy if you add one!

We are also doing a test with a cool notice that shows up only to peeps without an avatar and suggests they add one. Currently only 1,104 members have an avatar, so we are curious to see how many peeps add them.

Last edited:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like the Avatars! Only question I have about Avatars is why are they named after a movie, lol, that had blue people in it? Maybe I'll look that up to find the answer.

But seriously, could be the reason for fewer folks having one might be they may not be sure how to put one up.

Oh, by the way, :frow Howdy project manager. I'm liking the new design of the forum! We're getting some special new members lately!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I looked, it will b easy to change. I even have a photo in mind to use. But kind of like the ones that have a photo of who we are friends with!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Me, too, Carol Dee! I'll either put my own photo back or have a munchkin take another shot at me. I am a part of my Avatar photo, though. I am the one behind the camera. Seen are my precious Gypsy and Maverick (some 6 years ago) on either side of my heart.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, no! But, we have that sticky in About Me - Names & Faces. I'm okay with my picture there. It must be some guy about 15 or 20 years younger :) !

Linn, your avatars all changed for me this morning. Yes, it is a computer memory thing. The only ones new were on the new posts.

Maybe my avatar should be a comfortable pair of old slippers. Except, I don't wear slippers anymore - 2 pairs of wool socks ;). When did they stop making slipper socks? Must have been just about the time I thought about getting some . . .

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now, you guys know I am the least computer savy of the bunch! I just started clickng and by sheer luck managed to post one. I too like to see avatars of my friends to see what they look like. :)

Mary

Latest posts