Who else on here also is on Backyardchickens.com?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree with so lucky, after they changed the format I stopped going there. Too big and clumsy now and there were people who weren't so nice there. It's much better here.

Mary

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That is where I found this site. I am rarely on it anymore. I have settle into my chicken breed, speckled sussex and have a good handle on raising them so I just come here. I always learn new things here and I like the people.

Mickey328

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I started there too, and still go once or twice a week. I found it a great resource for helping to decide what kind to get and how to feed and house them. I, too, avoid the "pet" part of it, LOL. My dogs are my pets...my chickens are for eggs! We did name them, but primarily for convenience...makes it easier for us to say "Patches is being a bully, or Brenda lays weird eggs"...but that's about all. They're named for characteristics, mostly...they're all the same breed and for the most part look alike. We have one that never did get a name...she's pretty much a middle of the pack bird so it seems to be no big deal.

Thru it I found TEG and rabbittalk and backyard herds and SS. I joined 'em all. I haven't been to BYH for ages...seems to be primarily for goats and since we don't and can't have any, I don't bother. SS has some interesting stuff, but seems to be mostly for serious preppers, which we aren't so I don't visit a lot. I mostly get to rabbittalk and TEG daily since I do have rabbits and I do garden so they're the most useful. Plus, it seems like we have the nicest people here :)

earlybird10842

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I first came to BYC after they changed the format, and the format on here is taking some getting used to. Guess it's all about perspective.

Latest posts