Who else SFGardens?

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm diggin' it (lol) lately, anyone else SFGarden who can post photos of your garden? I love Gardenspiration! Any neat ideas for trellis', layout, etc?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lupin, I will be doing SFG again this year. I'm sorry, but I don't have any pics but it worked great with my Romaine lettuces, radishes, broccolis, onions and such.

This year I will be getting deeper into it and more strict with my measurements. I will definitely be taking many pics of the garden this year as I am trying many new things like green mulch, companion plantings, SFG, trellising of more veggies, succession plantings, etc.

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Lupin, I will be doing SFG again this year. I'm sorry, but I don't have any pics but it worked great with my Romaine lettuces, radishes, broccolis, onions and such.

This year I will be getting deeper into it and more strict with my measurements. I will definitely be taking many pics of the garden this year as I am trying many new things like green mulch, companion plantings, SFG, trellising of more veggies, succession plantings, etc.
Woohoo. I'll be taking photos as well, my horse poop serves as amazing mulch after the winter as the horses chop it all up over the winter. I use it as compost after the winter from the field because it's spent the entire winter heating up in the pasture, and in the fall as mulch.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will be utilizing some of my sheep bedding and some chicken deep litter in the soil this year. But first, I am planting the whole garden to a clover mix this month in hopes that it will have some good growth on it by the time I till the rows.

I'm also continueing with the permanent pathways this year and will overseed the pathways with some fescue as well.

After the garden is through this year, I will be planting a mix of winter wheat and oats on the rows in the big plot. Then I will be planting some kale and turnips overseeded with winter wheat in the corn and pumpkin plot. These areas will be used for supplemental feed for my sheep this winter before breeding and again the the spring before lambing.

Lots of new and great ideas gleaned from these forums and from reading to try in the garden this year....I can't wait!!!! :tools

Horse poop is the greatest! My best garden ever was planted with minimal tillage and right into a deep layer of composted horse manure. Sweetest tomatoes I've ever grown!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :frow

Lupinfarm :D

I think the layout of this vegetable parterre, in New Zealand, is one of the most beautiful I have seen & would be ideal for SF planting. There are lots more photos of it if you poke around.

http://www.domestic-executive.com/d...w-not-to-mix-spuds-muds-and-bassets/#more-708

Edited to add the link which I forgot -- OMG the Senior Moments are getting more frequent......!! --- it even has a plan-maker that offers you a free trial for a period..........great fun! :cool:

Good luck with your project. :celebrate

:rose Hattie :rose

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hattie, what a great site and link to plugging in garden plans!! Thank you so much! :D Can't wait to get an actual print out ~not my pitiful chicken scratches~of how my garden will look!

Latest posts