Who enjoys some time alone w/o kids/spouse?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's @Ridgerunner fault. He mentioned wife gone visiting. Who besides me loves wife/kids but look forward to time alone with them gone for a while?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's OK Seed you can blame me. I have a strong back. I can take it.

My post was not about enjoying time alone with the wife gone. It was about taking advantage of an opportunity to get some stuff done in the kitchen at a time it would not inconvenience my wife. Having over 5-1/2" of rain so I couldn't get much done outside anyway was a factor too.

I can't say I particularly enjoy the times when the wife is gone, but it doesn't depress me either. I did not get married until I was over 30 so I can handle feeding myself, laundry, and generally taking care of myself. I still do a lot of that anyway. It's always good when she does get home. Before her father died she would make several trips each year to take care of him, but she doesn't leave me that much anymore.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I dream of alone time but with 4 kids still living at home and DH I never am alone. Never! Once in a great while like maybe two times a year they might all be spending a night with family or friends. At least one night most weeks my friends children stay too because she spends the night with her brother out of town for a college class that meets late and she has an early morning class the next day. Then often my SIL, DD and grands will come spend the weekend. Did I mention I never have alone time! I don't carry a phone because I can't go anywhere without them calling at least once, twice or three times until I give up and go home.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I do not get to be alone very often usually just my drive to and from work. DW used to complain about never having time for herself when the kids were growing up. Now that they are grown and have jobs to go to DW sometimes calls in middle of day to say she wishes someone was home lol. I sometimes wish for a little more time to myself, but it doesn't bother me to much.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I do not feel I have to have time alone but we all have our own rooms
our own books as in we do not care for the same authors and one us will gravitate to our rooms
to read

Latest posts