Who enjoys some time alone w/o kids/spouse?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
My alone time is so precious (and rare) that I've been known to take a day off if my renter is going to be gone, just so I can enjoy the WHOLE day.

Has anyone taken the Myers Briggs personality tests? I have a friend who has tested everyone in her office. She said that it's made a HUGE difference now that they understand which ones need 'social time', which ones do best when left alone, (and which ones are just being jerks).

Last edited:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like alone time at home. I like alone time at work too, but that's a given since I have no employees except on rare occasions when my guys help out.
But having my time and the house all to myself is such a selfish pleasure. :D

I like to get up early and sit at the counter with my coffee pot and read or come here. My husband knows to let me be and when he hears me banging around making breakfast I'm ready to be social.

I used to love the days when he would take the boys camping. I'd have a list a mile long of projects. The first day was mopey, I didn't know what to do with myself, but after that, look out! I never came in until dark.
He made me promise one time that I wouldn't pave the (long, dirt) driveway while he was gone. Haha.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Myers Briggs? I bet that it shows that everyone is different. Or, it isn't that (impossibly) refined and one could use it and lump people in multiple categories. Sure, that would be helpful, especially if there is really no choice about interaction.

But, everyone is different.

When we try too hard to lump people together, we need to look at some folks with, what is considered, serious disabilities. Some blind people live alone, take care of themselves, go on errands, make it to appointments. We admire people like that; I suspect because we can't imagine the skills that would take. Are those folks really more successful and happy than the person living entirely by the assistance of others?

The deaf have capital D people and small d people. The Deaf have a very developed subculture. The deaf often interact and live in the hearing world. There are hard of hearing people, plenty of them and losing hearing as we age is common. These people often learn how to get around okay with limited hearing. Is "getting around" enuf in life?

I don't like the feeling of being limited and that means I mostly act within my own "realm." Being alone in a crowd - absolutely, I know that feeling. @Collector 's birthday t-shirt would just about fit for me ;).

"Smile, because I really don't know what is going on." I'm enjoying growing olde because others are coming to expect me not to know what is going on. I was asked the other day if I was "4 20-friendly." Um, no. 's'okay.

I've always felt some relief when others can enjoy themselves without my involvement. However, I will wind down to absolutely nothing if I felt that someone or something didn't need me to take some action. Of course, everyone needs some rest and relaxation.

Steve
tn_Valentino_PA1_zpsccb2d5f5.jpg