Who Makes The Best Powertools ?

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
For the way I use power tools my choice is Dewalt.
I know a lot of construction guys use Dewalt and I don't use my tools as hard as they do so I've never had a problem with them.
At one time my tools of choice were Black & Decker, who I think is now owned by Dewalt

THANX RICH

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Portable tools: Milwaukee--------------------there are other tool that are good and will do the job.

:). I love their marketing shirt that says "My tool lasts longer than yours". Saw a guy wearing that at an Ace Hardware one day and it gave me a huge chuckle

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I need a new plug in drill. The one I have is old and starting to sometimes break the circuit. EVERYBODY sells the ones with batteries but I don't think they are that powerful. Any suggestions!

Take a look at the m18 fuel stuff from Milwaukee. I can't speak for the drills but A LOT of comparisons have been done between the corded and cordless Sawzall and the new m18 fuel cordless wins when it comes to power. The drill may end up being the same.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a hitachi battery operated drill. It does ok. It drilled 3/4" holes in treated 8"x8" posts so we could put the bolts in to hang a gate. It has done what ever I have wanted it to.

My DSIL researched tools. He is kinda OCD, anaylyzes everything to death, if he is going to spend the money, he wants a good product. He bought DeWalt tools with interchangeable batteries. I have been using the cordless skill saw, I sure like it.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Milwaukee cordless drill seems plenty powerful. DH used it when he built the 8x12 horse shelter and had no complaints. There are very few nails in that structure, it's almost completely screwed together.

Latest posts