Whoa! What Was That??

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We noticed that there were several nice birds at the feeder this morning, and while I was standing there a whitish bird streaked by. When it landed at the feeder, I realized that it is an albino cardinal! I have never seen one before. And it is so beautiful, flamingo pink and white.
Of course, by the time I got the camera ready, it was gone for now, but hopefully it will be back, so I can get a picture.
This is some good incentive to keep the feeder filled!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We don't have Cardinals here, So Lucky!

However, we have the North Idaho College "Cardinals" and the Medical Lake High School "Cardinals!"

Those birds must really make an impression on folks for them to bring their memories here and name the mascot for the local school for them!

Steve
who really appreciates that so lucky wasn't reporting an earthquake or sumthin!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
An albino cardinal must be fairly rare isn't it? That will be so interesting to see if you're able to get a picture of him.

I've noticed a big increase in birds the past few weeks. I'm filling the feeders every Saturday and they are picked pretty clean by then.
We have had a ton of Goldfinches and Pine Siskens visiting. The Goldfinches only show up here rarely in the summer, so we must be on the winter tour route.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
20151221_113508.jpg
Ok, so far this is as good as I can get. Even tho I used the zoom, it is tiny looking. And will probably post sideways
20151221_113508.jpg

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Technically it's leucistic, not albino (if it was truly albino, it'd be dead white all over.) That's actually good for it (it means it's eyes are normal, not red so it can see normally)

Latest posts