WHOOOHOOO!! My bush beans came up!!!!

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, it's supposed to hit 92 here today, so I think winter is officially over in our neck of the woods! It seems like we go from cold to hot in such a short time anymore. It makes it kinda hard to figure out when to start planting, etc, especially for us newbies.

Can't wait to get home tonight and see if more of my bean babies have come up. I had to plant twice because my daughter's puppy got in my raised bed the day after I originally planted and had a huge time. I'm probably going to have beans coming up all over the place!

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh yeah! There are a bunch more sprouted and several are already 4 inches tall!!! At this rate I will be harvesting beans by the end of next week!!! Haha

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
We havnt planted beans yet I think maybe this weekend, hopefully!
But I am glad yours are up and doing well!
YeeeeeeHaaawwww!!!!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hooray! You should be so proud. I still run around all crazy and excited when something pops up here. I get that 'I didn't kill it!' look in my eyes! :lol:

silkiechicken

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I tend to plant may 20th and seed approximately 3x a heavy as "recommended" due to losses in wet damp soil. It's either that or the plants would never mature!

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I love to see green beans come up. There is little doubt about them, as they shove the soil aside with their thick 'cots. Plus, they leaf up quickly and you can pack a tin of them in each square foot.

Im doing leathbreeches this year.