Whoops I forgot the carrots!

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My mom and dad came to visit earlier this year and my dad although 80 thinks he is 25. He loved working in the yard - chipping food for the chickens and tilling. Oh man he loves tilling. Anyway, when he was here and tilled between my rows he actually tilled up most of my carrots. I really didn't mind because he was having so much fun so I ignored it and replanted some after they left. Some of the carrots did come up where he tilled and missed so I was eating those and forgot about the ones I replanted. Well I went out today and decided to dig some up and they are huge.

IMG_4718.jpg

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
jojo54 said:
My mom and dad came to visit earlier this year and my dad although 80 thinks he is 25. He loved working in the yard - chipping food for the chickens and tilling. Oh man he loves tilling. Anyway, when he was here and tilled between my rows he actually tilled up most of my carrots. I really didn't mind because he was having so much fun so I ignored it and replanted some after they left. Some of the carrots did come up where he tilled and missed so I was eating those and forgot about the ones I replanted. Well I went out today and decided to dig some up and they are huge.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h377/54jojo/garden 2011/IMG_4718.jpg
:ep WOW!!!! Were those planted w/ Gilligan's Island seeds? :lol: (dating myself :old )

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't you just love garden surprises?? Those look wonderful! Enjoy them!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another reason for you not to have yelled at the old lad.

You are a good daughter, thinking about his fun.

:)

Steve

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Holy Moley... now THOSE are carrots!!

See any giant rabbits in your garden lately?! :lol:

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Love carrots. Usually ther isn't any time they HAVE to be harvested. I seldom pull more than what I need that day.

rmonge00

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind hearing more about what food you chip up for your chickens. What food do you chip and what machine do you use to chip it with? I would like to start producing some of my own chicken feed....

Nice carrots, by the way!

Ryan

Latest posts