Who's Egg is It?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Speckled Sussex girls lay light tan eggs, small and almost round. I would think it is the red sex-link, laying the dark brown egg, although my sex-link's eggs are not dark. I know they vary a lot from chicken to chicken. Lucky you getting one who lays dark eggs!
You can tell if a girl is in a laying mode pretty accurately, by the color of her comb. My Marans went on strike in the heat, but I noticed one day last week her comb looked bright red again. She started laying the next day.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Instead of using the food coloring in the vents you can use lipstick so it rubs off when the egg is laid. Frankly though I would not try this. How would I explain to my wife why I'm putting lipstick on the vent of a chicken?
Lipstick! Pucker up!! :lol::lol::lol:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridge, remember I'm a city girl. This is getting worse. My only question is, Should it be fushia color? Ha

Mary

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
You're a woman. I've seen your avatar. You know the lipstick color has to match the personality and complexion of the woman, their "season". Would you really trust a man to come up with the right color or shade?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha Ridgerunner, well I got up the urge this morning to go check their combs. I made sure I was wearing my fushia color lipstick just in case that would help. Well the one with a very red comb is........not gonna tell you guys. Ok, I will it's the red sex link! I still have a chance to get a light pink egg from my sussex. :fl

Mary

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
When one goes to a , dentist's , etc. office , one sees only women's and fashion magazines that turns out 4 season colors and fashions that is to be marketed during that season of the year. So, many women see something that they like at that moment and go shopping for what is supposed to be in vogue for that season. But ... questionable in a gentleman's eyes, and then stays hung in the closet or in the vanity drawer. Then eventually end up at the good will store. Just how many gentlemen would kiss someone with the black lipstick of the undead ? UGGGGGGG !!! How about some that have purple or bright red or bright orange streaks in their hair ? A TOTAL downer. UGGGGGGG ! Tatoos .... COMPLETE TURNOFF !!! UGGGGGG !!! Just some things that makes a gentleman see a woman with mental issues and / or lack of self respect. :hu

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha! That's what I was going to say Cane!

You might also want to wear your ninja outfit and do this mission when it's dark Mary.... don't want the neighbors knowing what you're up to.

Latest posts