Who's Egg is It?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha! That's what I was going to say Cane!

You might also want to wear your ninja outfit and do this mission when it's dark Mary.... don't want the neighbors knowing what you're up to.
Ha not happening. I'm too squimish to get close to their ahhh...you know what. :oops: Heck, I can't even say it. :oops::oops:
Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
@bobm, I agree, some of the womens' (girls) fashions are down-right hideous. I think one of the main reasons fashion changes so quickly is to try to get us to buy everything new each season. Gotta keep those wheels of commerce grinding. :rolleyes:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Go on Mary! You know you can vent here!
HaHa..no punt intended right?

After going to the gym this morning, taking a shower, and fixing lunch, I started putting my make up on. My husband asked me what I was going to do. I said "clean the coop". He said "You're putting make up on to go clean the coop"? The look on his face was priceless. I said" no but I needed to put sunscreen on so I might as well put my make up on too. My girls sure thought I looked purdy. :p

Mary

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Instead of using the food coloring in the vents you can use lipstick so it rubs off when the egg is laid. Frankly though I would not try this. How would I explain to my wife why I'm putting lipstick on the vent of a chicken?

especially if it's her favorite lipstick

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
@Ridgerunner , agreed about the size of the egg. All of my layers are about the same size, but I have two that just lay small eggs. Also, I have own that lays extra large eggs. Go figure.
Also, RIR's are supposed to be about the most prolific layers, but the roosters will attack you and the hens are mean as dirt, too, so I won't own them anymore. The only birds that don't lay often enough to count upon are the silkies.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, I agree with you. The red sex link is the one with the red comb.

Do you still have chickens?

Mary

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'll bet it is the red sex link. I have had a ll three. The Sex link lays a brown/caramel color egg. The sussex lay cream/light brown or a light pinkish egg, and the wyandotte lays a light tan egg.

Latest posts