Who's having Spring? And what are you doing about it?

rainey

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
OK Well thanks for your thoughts on that. And let's just say we disagree.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not a problem. I love discourse and debate. I love different ideas and techniques. I love the many different folks on TEG that I call 'friend'. I love that you found us at this stage in your gardening. We love to help, share, tease, vent, console, and grow. You are in the right place.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
it can not make up it's mind what it wants to do here in north carolina, could be rain or snow or mini heatwave...all i can say is spring is just around the corner.....
upload_2018-2-12_17-54-28.jpeg

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
:D

It snowed here early this morning and got a little chilly last night, but then it warmed up and will continue to have warm temps this week, into the 60s.

My garlic is wanting to climb out of the hay and my rhubarb is peeking out under there, but I dare not uncover things just yet. We've had these false early springs before here in the mountain state, so we don't trust the whole "climate change" thing here either...I'd have to see a very set pattern before I start trusting it to be here for good.

I'm with Red on this one...the Earth's climate is changing for sure and it's expected to. You have merely to read the Bible to get the 411 on what's coming down the pike. What gets me is that people are surprised by all of that or think that man has caused it...how arrogant of them.

What I'm doing about the approaching spring and this current warming trend is to think about getting my low tunnel frames worked on and ordering my seeds. Bought another seed tray today.

Spring...she be coming! :love :woot

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
It feels like spring here! Been able to go out in the afternoons with just a shirt or blouse. My peach and nectare trees are blooming. The flowering plum trees (ornamental) are also blooming. In fact the pollen is affecting my husband's sinusis.

I've been meaning to go to the nursery to see what they have and to find out when their tomatoes are arriving. I'm looking for impatients to put in 2 pots.

Chickens are back to laying.

I need to fertilize my 3 roses. Their growth is so apparent and I should have done it several weeks ago.

It seems like we skipped winter this year. Not that we have much of one. ;)

Mary

rainey

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Ah! Another chicken person!

Do you post on Backyard Chickens? That's how I found this site.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
it can not make up it's mind what it wants to do here in north carolina, could be rain or snow or mini heatwave...all i can say is spring is just around the corner.....
View attachment 24502
Wow major your spring is in full view and mine is barely visible sticking out of snow right now. Doesn’t seem fair at all, but I think you will get over it ok.lol

Latest posts