Why I am Fat

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
They have been in there all season (and, then some :)).

The plants haven't produced very well probably because it was very hot at the end, so far from the door. When all the flats of everything had been moved out, the exhaust fan was turned off. Everything was opened as much as it could be and the sun gets high enuf that half the greenhouse (sunshed) is shaded by the insulated roof. Still, it gets hot.

Finally, they were crowded - there, in the soil under the high bench. Tall, they got.

This 2nd puppy is too young for much of anything other than play and sleep. She's got an appetite, tho' :p. I could probably keep her going for quite a few blocks, dangling a Lit'l Smokie in front of her . . .

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Collector said:
yes we do have snow I have been out shoveling, thawing out chicken water and all we are currently at 21F here and that is as warm as it will get I'm thinking.
I almost missed your post, Collector.

The area a little south has been catching most of the windstorms and, it looks like, the most snow.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I don't think there's over 3" here.

Don't hold your breath on hope of that wind dying, Collector. Gusts are supposed to go above 20mph soon. And, it will be below 0F in less than 48 hours!

It may seem warmer then since the windchill will be rather extreme here for awhile.

The Weather Service is saying that the temperatures will stay below freezing for the week. Sorry!

Steve

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
According to that BMI chart I need to lose 27 lb to be in the middle of the healthy range. So much for Thanksgiving dinner.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well now, a pound is about 3,500 calories, if I remember correctly.

However, that is a huge, HUGE meal! I mean finding 3,500 calories on your plate isn't a traditional meal!

Besides, 2,000 calories are burned just sitting around arguing with the relatives about the football game ;). It may be a better day to count blessings than calories, anyway.

Steve

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just want to skip this post. Cause I am around a 100 pounds over that BMI thingy.

I have lost 26 pounds on my WW but I think I have plateaued. I need to increase (or actually do) my exercise to get over this hump. But it is getting cold (like 60 degrees in the morning) and dark. and my bed is so warm.

I am bored of my treadmill... I was thinking of doing a video cause that would be different maybe funner. but a lot of videos are not for the very very beginner or severely overweight. I had bought the tybo videos and COULD NOT keep up with them. So maybe Richard Simmons could be my friend.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Obsessed- please tell me you are not complaining about 60 degrees??? Good thing you live in LA! Put on your winter coat, and ear muffs and get outside- think of Steve and Collector in blizzard conditions! Once you get moving I'm pretty sure you'll warm up! You are making me jealous, just thinking about 60 degrees! Congrats on your WW loss- that is great news!

adoptedbyachicken

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Really. I have -21 C happening here, and overnight the wind was 50 kph folks, so don't be whining about 60 F! :lol:

I'm getting my exercise getting extra feed to a horse that is shivering, the rest are find but she is a TWH that is tall and lean so she has more surface area to mass than my short stocky Morgans that are doing fine. The wind took the heat right out of her even in shelter. We have maybe 2 inches of snow total, and it's leaving fast in the wind and dry. No need to clear it right now.

Really lots of the diets, WW and Jenny systems are all about portion control. That diabetic link seemed to work that way too. My husband hates it when i say I don't deserve more or X to eat, he thinks I'm punishing myself or having an unhealthy attitude toward food, but I just compensate myself for my output. If I'm a couch potato today I eat to meet that need, if I work hard I eat to meet that need. It worked for me. Beware the calorie calculators on line, I found a few that were way way high. Telling me that if I walked for an hour I needed an extra 1300 calories! B!

As for Turkey dinner don't skip that! Turkey is a wonderfully healthy meat, low in fat and high in essential amino acids. And the fixings can be great, so don't make the ones that are not that tempt you too much, or don't make lots of them. I alternate slices of raw apple and slices of yams in a baking pan and put just a bit of cinnamon sugar on them, bit of water in the pan and bake. Yummy, and not all starch. Eat all the Brussel sprouts you want, and squash. Even the stuffing can be good for you if you add the fruits rather than pork and calculate them as your bread serving. Gravy that is package made is no or very low fat, it's the drippings that get you if you make it that way. Yummy, now I want turkey and our Thanksgiving is long gone!

Every traditional holiday has the pitfall of the goodies people bring. The cakes and the cookies will sewer your efforts way more than the dinner. My family has made new traditions that are not such pitfalls. I hope all of you have families that are into trying to make it healthy for all concerned. The support in this that you receive is important. For the few that have not bailed in for my family they are finding themselves taking back a full plate of what they brought. They are getting the hint, we are not into that anymore.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve our wonderful weather must be doing great for your cardio LOL . By the looks of the dopler you are getting worse weather than we are currently. The news said for those of us south to stay home and not travel, I need to try this afternoon to get to the valley to get some supplies for Thanksgiving dinner. or I will be on a diet of another kind, that would not be good cause we have 20 people coming over thursday.

Latest posts