Why I love Crab Apple Trees

KD_Olive

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
In my college art class, we mixed the primary color red with the secondary color purple (which was an equal amount of red and blue) to create the tertiary color fuschia. If it was darker than we liked, we could mix in a little white to brighten it a little. I'm no expert but that's how we were taught! So I'm thinking fuschia is a reddish purple color.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
@bobm, I'm not an art student but this is my fuschia jacket. Sorry the lighting isn't too good but hopefully you'll get the idea.

Mary
IMG_0486.JPG

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
@bobm, I'm not an art student but this is my fuschia jacket. Sorry the lighting isn't too good but hopefully you'll get the idea.

Mary
View attachment 13066
On my computer, that jacket appears red to me. On another note... Since it got quite hot in the house, the 2 1/2 month old identical twins' dad put the girls only in their diapers to watch sesamy (sp) street cartoons. They just LOVE to watch those cartoons and wave their hands and legs to the music. When a commercial comes on , they start to fuss. Big sister came home from school and picked one of them up onto her lap to join in the TV show. Mom came home a half hour later and :ep ... who is who ?? Big sister says :hu :hu . Luckily one of the twins is still slightly smaller than the other ( from birth but catching up ), so the only way to be sure is to weigh them . Mom whent to the drug store and baught finger nail polish and painted the girls' fingernails one PINK and the other PURPLE to match their outfits and Grandma's ( DW) hand knit new born pink and purple blankies ++ big girl pink and purple blankets. True identities continue :ya:ya

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:ep ... who is who ?? Big sister says :hu :hu . Luckily one of the twins is still slightly smaller than the other ( from birth but catching up ), so the only way to be sure is to weigh them . Mom whent to the drug store and baught finger nail polish and painted the girls' fingernails one PINK and the other PURPLE to match their outfits and Grandma's ( DW) hand knit new born pink and purple blankies ++ big girl pink and purple blankets. True identities continue :ya:ya
As long as the parents think they are true identities, all is well. I suspect only a foot print would prove their identities after dad's faux pas.

Remember, Dr. Seuss marked his twins thing 1 and Thing 2. Mom's idea for the polish is a pretty good one. Certainly beats marker on their tummies.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since this thread used to be about crab apples, I took some seeds from a crab apple tree at my wife's parents and planted them. A tree from those seeds had its first blooms this year. I was quite pleased.

I have a few crab apples scattered around. They are good pollinators for my regular apple trees plus they are just so pretty when in bloom. To me, mine are pink. I have no idea what shade my wife sees.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridge very cool how many years did it take. I have about 14 crab apples, they flower different shades of red/pink. I have one that flowers white and produces yellow crab apples. Almost all where on clearance, many just labeled crab. One of my clearance crab apples produces pears :lol::lol:

Latest posts