thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some bears just wanna have fun...
baf8dbf38133227bcd39885852f6afcbae7fc9d0_1.jpg

Mary Catherine Williamson

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I don't think I have bears.....Coyotes, raccoons, foxes, hawks, bald eagles and opossum (of course deer) but no bears that I know of.

MC

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wishin wild blackberry are wondrgil i weed and trimmy plants and yhey love it a little chivken msnure and I'll get bigberties this year! What s tresy.
Question, what are smithies??

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wishin wild blackberry are wondrgil i weed and trimmy plants and yhey love it a little chivken msnure and I'll get bigberties this year! What s tresy.
Question, what are smithies??
?????????? I got most of that, except "what s tresy"
ans smithies are smoothies, I guess another word would be a flavored milk shake.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
There was a period in our lives when dh was hankering for a move to Alaska.
I was not. I figured I'd put a damper on that enthusiasm by getting him some books on Alaskan bear attacks. The gist of the stories told were that black bears can be just as dangerous as grizzlies, in fact many Alaskan old timers said they'd rather deal with a grizzly than a black bear. The stories did nothing to quell that urge in my husband by the way. In fact, they seemed to have the opposite effect. :rolleyes:

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
In upstate New York we used to pick blackberries in the same patch as the bears. Just use common sense and they won't bother you. They're busy eating berries. Make sure there are no cubs around and stay on the opposite side of the patch.

Latest posts