Will they live?

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No, they weren't daffodils. There were some calas, some gladiolas, and I forget what the other were.. how scary is that? I just planted them yesterday!! LOL I REALLY hope the calas come up, they're my FAVORITES! Hubby bought me an asian lilly last year and we put it in a big pot on the front porch. I didn't know if it was going to come back this year and was thiiiiiiiis close to throwing it out yesterday, but then I noticed teeny tiny little green sprouts! I guess I just need to be more patient. LOL Everyone elses daffodils are already blooming, whereas mine are still coming up and some of them are just now starting to send up the flowers! Sheesh!

@Jeni Ann Oh I do hope yours come up!!!! Yours are way more sentimental than mine that I just simply got a good deal on. :hugs

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ditto. I found 2 packages my Dad gave me in the fall! I was so excited, but never got them in the ground ...
He died shortly after. So, my finding them lead to a fit of showers:hit:hit I thought "great I could've/should've planted them an been reminded of Dad in a happy way in the spring, but you screwed that up" :hit
Now I am going to try planting them anyway! WTHeck ;):):)
Thanks for the inspiration once again, you all:love

:hit:hugs I miss my dad too.

I have planted forgotten bulbs in the spring and they grew. In fact the tulips I found in the garage a few years ago and stuck in the ground belatedly even bloomed that same year.

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, I planted them and today they are getting a nice soak. Hopefully they grow! Even if they don't flower this year, I'll take it!

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oiy..... I didn't want to hear that! LOL!! I guess if they don't come up... it's no harm no foul?