Wine not? A great way to enjoy your produce

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That's encouraging. How dark was the chocolate you started with? I'm thinking next should be a chocolate/raspberry wine or a chocolate strawberry wine.....:drool

Wonder if you could do a blend of them to get the desired flavor

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is chocolate strawberry, it has one 8 oz container of cocoa, 2 bananas and 2 bags of frozen strawberries.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have a gallon of wine from our greengage plums, still sitting with the fermentation lock on it from last year. It turned out a lot darker than I expected, considering they were green plums. It should be bottled, but the wine-making is usually DH's baby, and he's had his arm in a cast all summer because of a motorcycle accident (he tried to play chicken with a deer; the deer won). I guess he'll have to talk me through this.
Instead of corking the bottles, he has a bottle-capper he likes to use.
Yikes to the accident!

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here is how the color is changing, today it looks more like carmel then baby poop.

DSC_0585.JPG

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The chocolate wine is basically finished fermenting, letting it settle now. I will do the first racking this next week. I snuck a taste, it needs to age a bit, but it is good, a nice mix between the chocolate and a wine flavor. Don't really taste much of the strawberry or banana though. It is a sweet wine but leaves a little tartness on the tongue. Aged a bit and chilled especially as a dessert wine I really think it is going to be nice.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Raspberry wine is bottled and aging, it is a more "full bodied" wine, still a sweet wine but not as light as the others I've done, it is really good, but only got 5 quarts.

The chocolate wine had it's first racking some of the sludge collected and ready to "seed" my next batch of chocolate wine. It has quite a ways to go to clear, but I honestly don't know how much will be there to bottle by the time it clears, "quality control" has done a number on how much I have left! lol lol lol :hide As it stands now I think about 1/2 has been sacrificed to continuing quality control ....................... one glass at a time.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, a few weeks ago we had a big killing freeze coming, so I went out and picked all the mint that was easy to pic (long stemy stuff) I got 2 wally world sacs full. I pureed them w/ water in the blender and set the juice in the fridge for a few weeks to meld, seep, infuse whatever you want to call it. Today I have 2.5 gallons of prewine (mint) and a cookie sheet full of mint "cookies" for the rabbits.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Neat! I picked all the mint from my plants. . . and tossed them when I dug up the plants for overwintering inside. Never thought of doing those things with them. Darn!

Latest posts