Winter Squash

dragonlaurel

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I clean acorn squash and steam the halves, then fill the halves with stuffing. Yummy

BlackThumb

Leafing Out
Reaction score
hangin'witthepeeps said:
Thanks hoodat!! BTW, I just sent out your pepper today!!! The last time I sent something to CA from GA it took about a week. I used to live in Turlock, CA right smack dab in the middle of CA in the valley. I used to think CA was all Big Lights and Big City, well I lived with a Dairy farm on one side and lots of orchards and vineyards on the other. Boy was that culture shock for me!!! lol
I swear, so many people think California is a thousand miles long and a mile wide, and all beach! The Central Valley is a tough place to grow things because of the lack of rain between like June and September, but if you can get water, you can row things like crazy.

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Not to mention that we all know how to surf and see movie stars all the time!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
hangin'witthepeeps said:
Thanks hoodat!! BTW, I just sent out your pepper today!!! The last time I sent something to CA from GA it took about a week. I used to live in Turlock, CA right smack dab in the middle of CA in the valley. I used to think CA was all Big Lights and Big City, well I lived with a Dairy farm on one side and lots of orchards and vineyards on the other. Boy was that culture shock for me!!! lol
I really appreciate you sending me that seed I couldn't find it anywhere. I'll have some seeds available this Fall. If you see anything you want, let me know.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ariel301 said:
I've never had acorn squash in soup. This is how I cook it:

Cut acorn squashes in half and clean out seeds. Put a little butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in the hole and bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees until they are soft. (not sure on the exact time, I haven't cooked it in a long time) When you eat it, squish it all up so the butter and sugar and cinnamon get mixed in. Yummy!
I do it a different way but I guess the result is almost the same. I steam it till it's soft, then scoop out the flesh and mash it with butter, cinnamon and brown sugar. Sometimes I like it better with butter,sea salt and pepper and nothing else.

Latest posts