Winters here...Iguess.

mrcman

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon we got a dusting of our first snow. This morning there was a skiff of snow everywhere. I guess I'll be bringing out the snow blower.

Tony

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Where are you, Tony?

If you click "Profile" up there in the green bar and then "Personal" -- you can have your location with every post.

Here, the weather is about 10f above normal. Mid-60's during the afternoons. Not much in the way of fog this morning, there is a slight breeze. Things are supposed to change Sunday night. Monday afternoon high isn't supposed to be in the mid-60's, not even in the 50's.

I think I can get clean-up done in the gardens over the next few days. Have to finish getting the roots downstairs today. Get back to cover the frost-killed plants in one garden. Till the shady corner. And, pick up sticks everywhere! The trellises were pulled down a week ago. . . .

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weve had a couple of light frosts that really hasnt done any damage but a heavy frost is forecast for tomorrow morning. Our first hard freeze is still several days if not weeks off.

Ive been piddling out there, taking care of a few things, but its really too wet to do much. Compost bin is full and the chickens have been getting a lot of stuff. Im still even getting some tomatoes, peppers, and green beans for me. My challenge for the next few months will be to find it dry enough to clean it out and prepare the area for my early spring planting, which for me is usually late February or early March.

mrcman

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Digit, NW Pa. and I went to "profile" and included that in my header. Thanks for the tip. We have had above normal temps most of Sept and Oct. Now things will turn sour.

Ridgerunner, This is definitely a busy time of the year. Getting things red up can keep a person busy. A few days ago we pulled our electric chicken netting down and have that put away. The last few days the girls seem a bit confused as to why their not being let out.

Tony

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snow?? Frost?? Hard freeze?? .........runs to turn air conditioner thermostat down a notch or two....... :lol:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
Snow?? Frost?? Hard freeze?? .........runs to turn air conditioner thermostat down a notch or two....... :lol:
:tongue :smack :tongue
We have had snow and a hard freeze already. Too early.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW! haven't had anything up here in NH yet. but i did have dh get the woodstove going to cut back on the oil furnace use till we really need it in the next month.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We got a freeze before we got our first frost here this year. We had sleet yesterday. There has been a string of freezing nights, with some cold air coming down from Canada. Your weather is probably in the same pattern as ours.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yup, winter is coming. I'm a little worried because we're flying from visiting family in eastern PA back home to MT on Sunday, and there is a winter storm warning for sunday afternoon in montana! Everyone cross your fingers for us making it home, my last trip home turned into a nightmare 2 day ordeal, hope i dont have to do that again!!!

Latest posts