Wish List

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Joe,

I ran into this old post card from 1910 in Miami, at a Hotel called The Hotel Royal Palm Gardens.

5177a.jpg

This one is from 1915 and looks like it is the same identical plant just from the other view of it.
2640.jpg

I wonder if that plant is still there??? Wouldn't that be something! Might be time to give that hotel a call!

This one does not date the card but is at the HOTEL ROYAL POINCIANA, PALM BEACH, FL
fl8-170008.jpg

However, here is your plant! It is $12 ...kind of high!, especially since these are probably growing right around the corner from you!

Ebay Item: Screw Pine

Shipping is ridiculous on that item, but it is also in Florida!

Goodluck,

Ron

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good find Ron!
I think if I wait until spring I will find a nice size plant again at the Big Box stores. They are in 5 gallon pots for like 20 bucks or so.

I will be on the look out for one next season.

Joe

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish for a DR chipper, but I don't think you guys can help me with that!! :rolleyes:

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
my list?

hmm.

theres not a whole lot that i just really gotta have that i dont already have.

omg i just remembered i had a dream last night and Joe's red flame tree or whatever it was called was in it. i think i was in africa and they were growing all over the place. maybe the stolen elephant was there too? i can remember-- i'm sure that dream is not at all flora/fauna correct.

seeds:
coneflower
giallardia

cuttings:
angelwing begonia

i'll keep thinking.. yay for edit buttons.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
I have my heart set on Peonies. :D
OMG, Peonies and Clematis are something I have always adored but cannot grow.

I think there was some post earlier in the year where someone was giving out Clematis seeds, I wonder how that turned out?

That is a great Wish vfem!!! :love

Ron

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
my mom got me a white clematis for some holiday early in the year and i planted and it flat out died (so i thought) but just within the last week, after months, it has sprouted out and grown about 2 feet already. the secret to clematis is keeping the roots cool.

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wish list:

Corylus rosita
Corylus avellana
Corylus maxima

Every single kind of these three species. Love 'em. I want to clear out some space behind the barn and plant them as a hedgerow between the yard and the hickory trees. Yum yum, hazelnut-flavored everything.

Myrica pensylvanica (bayberry)
Going to be a hedge between me and Prissy Neighbors. Candlewax is sort of a bonus, the neighbors not being all up in my face is the main goal here.

Amelanchier spp. All of them, hedge between the yard and the woodlot, and underneath the woodlot canopy too. I planted one, and the birds got all the fruit, so I need enough for me and the birds.

Asclepias incarnata
Asclepias tuberosa
Asclepias speciosa

Underneath the bayberry hedge. I've seen some Monarch butterflies and hummingbirds around here in summer.

Sambucus spp. They have some way cool-looking ones these days.

The "Lights" series of azaleas/Rhododendrons. Golden Lights is especially nice.
A black locust tree to replace the red maple that is just about dead in the corner of my yard.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wowsers not that is a wish list right there folks.

Rose you seem to know what you want. I hope it is okay to call you Rose!

Well good for you!

Joe

Latest posts