Wish List

cwhit590

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wish list:

Flowers: Peony-flowered or Breadseed Poppies. I have seed, I just hope I can get them to establish themselves some day. I always forget to plant them at the right time.... :rolleyes:

Veggies: a sweet, flavorful carrot variety, and a nice variety of kohlrabi. :idunno

Some day I want to have a Fringe Tree (Chionanthus virginicus). We had one at the house where I grew up as a kid...I remember the blooms being very fragrant.

That is all I can think of....for now......

beefy - I dunno what you're looking for as far as Gaillardia goes, but I have the dwarf 'Goblin' variety all over the place here. I'll have to see if I can collect some seed...if it ever stops raining!

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I also have Gaillardia growing wild everywhere here (we always call them Indian Paintbrush). Dunno if it's the dwarf type or not - it gets a couple feet tall if it's fighting for sun. I never did save seeds from mine since they always come up on their own and they are gone for the year here but if you want I can get some seed for you in the spring...

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
That's too cool!

What I really want, other than a full time garden slave, is a climate that will let me grow stuff like that. :happy_flower Ah well, give me another year or two to figure out all the microclimates and we will see. Right now I'll settle on the tough plants.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi Broke,

You need to view this page: http://www.kirchner-abel.de/site/neu2005.htm

This is a real Brugmansia color!
purple_princess_gross.jpg

Ron :watering

and this one ...it looks like a flower in a flower in a flower
angels_sunbeam_klein.jpg

and this red!
Joli_klein.jpg

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I wish for....

shade-loving flowering plants with white, red, orange, and yellow blossoms (not all on the same plant of course).

I don't know which ones those are. :rolleyes: