Wondering about gutter gardening

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those gutters are so shallow it's hard for me to believe that anything can grow on them. It seems like you would have to water them twice a day unless they are on a drip system.

I have enough trouble trying to grow in containers without resorting to tiny things like gutters! :/

Mary

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I completely agree with you Mary, those gutters look super cute, but I can't see them being very practical for me!

dandelionchick

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thank you Digits, I like that thread, to bad there wasn't a follow up on it, they built a pretty system.
Mary that is one thing I am worried about and your right, like you, I have plenty of things in containers, I probably shouldn't ad anything as permanent as strawberries. It might be a good idea for the spinach that the mouse stole! LOL I might do that.
For the strawberries, the kiddie pool might be better. Still off the ground, easier to control the pillbugs and watch for slugs, plus I can put slug traps around the the bottom and DE and cornmeal out for thepillbugs. That's supposed to kill them but as far as I can tell they love it and it keeps them from eating a plant. Meanwhile they breed like crazy and I read they can live several years!

Latest posts