Wood chews for rabbits

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you. Sending some apple twigs home with them. If they like them, will give them a bunch over Xmas

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
hoodat said:
Willow is a great wood for buns to chew on. It's a favorite with wild rabbits, especially in Winter when food is scarce. Ash is another good one as is sycamore. Cherry, especially wild cherry, should be avided since it contains cyanide.
Any comment about mulberry?
At least some sources claim mulberry leaves to be psychoactive. I'd go over to Rabbit talk and ask there. They have a whole board on natural feeding for rabbits. Someone there can probably tell you.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have a branch from apple tree in with the rabbit, but we also used the pear tree branches as well. The rabbit loves it!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Any good old fashioned piece of 2 x 4 will cost way less and still do the same job. :th By the way, horses are big termites too ! Testified by pasture art wood fences and wood stalls as well as wood sideing of barns. ( much more expensive) :barnie

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
bobm said:
Any good old fashioned piece of 2 x 4 will cost way less and still do the same job. :th By the way, horses are big termites too ! Testified by pasture art wood fences and wood stalls as well as wood sideing of barns. ( much more expensive) :barnie
Another reason why I'm not a horse fan. :)

Latest posts