WOOHOOOO... Clearance Herb Find

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I was at walmart and found a 1 gallon bucket of mint marked down and a 1 gallon bucket of cilantro marked down. $2 for both!!! SCORE!

I have a huge clearance pot I'm going to put them in on my deck. They should come back next year though, right???

:D

Ariel301

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Nice! My Walmart never clearanced the veggies or herbs, just tossed them in the trash. I went in to check them, and the guy working there was going down the row throwing big tomato plants covered in fruit in a garbage bin. I asked what was going on with them, and he said they were only allowed to keep them on the shelf for so long, and then they had to throw them away. I asked about buying them at a discount or taking them home out of the trash and he said no.

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love finding deals. Unforunately our walmart doesn't carry anything like that this time of the year. Last August I found some herb planting kits that came with basil, parsley and chives, starter soil and a small pack of fertilizer and a container. I was picking up things for the church picnic and is was advertised as 50% off. When I got to the register it ran up $01. I told the lady to hold on and ran back and got the last one and I had one too. AWESOME!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
seeds should be coming into the stores real soon! i just went friday to my local Home Depot and noticed they were making room in their usual area and they had some seed starting supplies but no seeds yet! so soon! very soon! (just at their normal price :/ )

freemotion

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Do you have an Ocean State Job Lot in your area? They have their Burpee racks out, at 40% off. OSJL is in MA, CT, and RI but I don't know if you have them in NH.

MuranoFarms

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Do you have an Ocean State Job Lot in your area? They have their Burpee racks out, at 40% off. OSJL is in MA, CT, and RI but I don't know if you have them in NH.
We have places called Big Lots here. Big lots and Job Lots used to be the same company.....who knows now. Anyway, now is the time to raid the clearance racks. They'll start putting out spring stuff and want to dump last years left overs for cheap. My feed store has their seeds all out for 4 for $1.

RickF

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I occasionally find the local Lowe's selling 1 gallon pots of flowers and whatnot that just look ugly for about $1/ea.. I take them home and sure they're ugly for a while but once they're in the ground they look great.. I got some great deals last year on large snap dragons that took off once in the ground and made our front planter very colorful for people to see when they walk by the house.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
I was at walmart and found a 1 gallon bucket of mint marked down and a 1 gallon bucket of cilantro marked down. $2 for both!!! SCORE!

I have a huge clearance pot I'm going to put them in on my deck. They should come back next year though, right???

:D
Sounds like a pretty good deal vfem. Yeah the mint will come back every year, not sure about cilantro (to be honest I can't seem to stand it, I substitute it for parsley in recipes).

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I make a bunch of Salsa....and my cilantro grows like crazy...even here in Northern Michigan it re-seeds all over the place, same thing with my arugula and amaranth.

Latest posts