World Naked Gardening Day

Featherbaby

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away....I was planting and pruning when it started to rain. Now a real gardener isn't going to run for cover just because a few drops of rain dampen their hair, right? So I kept planting. It began to rain harder. I tried to finish up that one area so I could go inside, shower and call it a day. As luck would have it, I was wearing some thick bluejean shorts that were sort of loose on me. The rain continued to soak my clothes until the shorts were soaked and too heavy to stay up. My hands were too dirty to grab them as they hit the ground around my ankles. So there I stood with a full moon toward the river ( 5 ft. away) and tee shirt plastered to my torso. At this point, pulling them up wasn't going to work, so I calmly stepped out of them and walked into the house with as much dignity as a bottomless, 58 year old fat lady could muster. I don't know if there were any boaters nearby. I don't know if my neighbors observed this comedy of errors. It was best I didn't know. I stayed in the house for the next few days ready to swear that it must have been my cousin they saw the other day if they mentioned it. I wish I'd known about the holiday, I could have added that to my explanation. Oh well, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Featherbaby gets my vote for gardener of the year!! Now that is devotion!! Thanks for the giggle!

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
In the 1990s we had a 180 acre farm in south central Ohio along the Ohio River. Our closest neighbors were about 1/2 mile away. They had beautiful twin daughters who were about 22 years old at that time. I'm pretty sure they were students at Ohio University in Athens. Anyway every summer they had naked camp-outs with friends along where our woods met their pasture. Sometimes there were as many as 30 stark naked young girls and guys running through our woods having a great time of it. They weren't shy at all and just acted like nothing was wrong with it. A good time was had by ALL!

Edited to correct spelling.

MuranoFarms

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Wish I would have known!!! I wouldn't have done it....but I would have posted it on Facebook, just to see if anybody "stopped by" that day! :lol:

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't think I could get away with naked gardening... we live in a cul de sac... and our neighbors (who are renters anyways) are not very nice... I'm sure that they would have the sheriff out there in no time flat! Someday I'll have enough room for that tho! ;)

Latest posts