World series

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
so how is it affecting your life? You out there in Bay, Mary?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I make sure I'm home by the time the first pitch is thrown. Go Giants!!!! Wanted to go to a game but at $1,500 per ticket, totally out of the question.

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hear u on ticket prices. Heard tickets by 3rd base $5-6,000 each. Last night saw women with 2 twin girls. $15,000 for one game? I can remember when I didn't make that a year! TV is fine.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love to play the game. Pitched in High School. Kids and now grandsons play at school. But the pros... if attending a game seeing your money flush down the tubes. On TV, as exciting as watching grass grow ? :lol:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
bobm, what are you talking about "as exciting as watching grass grow"? I am finding the games very exciting and was even willing to pay $500 for a ticket if I could have found one. I guess we just love baseball and our Giants!

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
While still upset over when they went on strike, really enjoyed this series. Would have been better if St. Louis there instead

Although at $500/ticket, my TV is fine.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Although I did go to one game and find it OK - I'd have to agree with bobm on this one, I just don't see how people can get so excited over the games. :\

Much more exciting to go out and do it myself.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
It sure gets exciting when the home team is involved in something like this. I suffered with the Saints for over 30 years in New Orleans. Most of that time they were purely awful but when they finally started winning and probably had the second best team in football behind the Joe Montana 49'ers the attitude of the whole town changed. Crime dropped. The economy improved. People just had a more positive outlook and people got along better. It's a great feeling.

My wife grew up in eastern Kansas and even went to a few Royals games when George Brett was playing but her family are a long way from being fans. None of them would never watch a Royals game on TV. But they are getting caught up in the excitement. They may not watch all the games but they watch some and know who won and lost. For them that is something.

None of them would ever pay that kind of money to be in the stands and I wouldn't either. But there is just something electric about being in the stands when that kind of thing is going on. I remember being in the stands for the last Saints game of the season. They were playing the Falcons and the winner was going to the playoffs. It was a close game and the Superdome was rocking. Pure excitement. And the tickets were free.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridge, you have captured the excitement perfectly! It is a hugh thing for the bay area. My family has always loved all sports and we are hugh fans. You are so right about something electric about actually being in the stands. You can certainly see the game much better on tv and love the replays and having the comforts of home but the hipe is certainly not there. We love taking the ferry boat to the games and it is packed with Giants fans being all excited just like kids. Somehow that $10 beer and $8 hotdog tastes better there! Ha

Mary

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was at the BIG GAME the night before the BIG SHAKER in '89. Glad I wasn't there when the earthquake hit.

Our family has always love the Giants so its been fun to see the pull out two days ago from zero to 11 runs! And last nites game wasn't a sleep either. Fingers crossed for Tuesday's game for SF!

Latest posts