'World's Ugliest Mushroom'

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I can see why--that's some mushroom. I'm surprised no one put a pair of underwear on it!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I may have had some of those "dog turd" mushrooms, but I'll never know. I would have had the Grands cleaning them up long before we took the time to investigate what they really were.

My dog never uses the yard, but the Grands have two Great Danes that visit and make huge messes everywhere. They are the official offal removers both here and at home.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Smart Red we have a huge number of dung beetles here that clean up after our dogs. I love watching them rolling the balls off to their homes using their hind legs. One person's trash is another person's treasure!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Found the pic... That's my youngest sister, some years ago. She's 20 now and would be mortified that I've posted this pic online. LOL

View attachment 7142

Journey, part of our purpose in this life it to embarrass our loved ones, especially the younger ones. It's character-building.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You guys beat me to the stinkhorn mushrooms, they started growing in my yard after I had a load of wood chips delivered. You googled turd shaped mushrooms, I googled p^^^s shaped mushrooms. o_O

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would *want* to eat it. LOL

Would be perfect for messing with friends.

"Hey _____ try some of this, it's delicious."

"Wh-what are you eating?! I think that I'm going to be sick..."

"I don't know what it is but it tastes great. Seriously though, don't knock it until you try it."

Latest posts