Worm's Have Arrived! Picture Added

Sam The Yam

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I'm getting my first red wiggler worm delivery tomorrow. Any helpful hints besides what I have read online about worm composting? Your feedback will be wormly welcomed!:rolleyes:

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Let us know how your experience goes.. I have read everything on this site about worms!! I just can't quite decide if I want to take the plunge...I am wondering if you end up with enough castings, from a small scale operation to make it worth while. Good luck!

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Congratulations on your worm delivery!!!! how exciting! like Wifezilla I have tons of worms already here but if someone wanted to give me a delivery of them I would be happy to take them!!!
I do not think there are every too many worms in a garden ..I was so exited yesterday when I found them wiggling in areas previously wormless in my garden ..like by the walls of my tiers...

anyway do a search above when you have time and just sit back and read all the wonderful worm info on not just this board but also on BYC and the SS ..you can check out the 4H I think they have a whole thing on verming :)

I keep meaning to start a worm bin just to make worm dirt for my potted plants ..but I have so many things that HAVE to be done I will just follow your thread if you will keep us updated please on how your worm adventure !

how many worms are you getting? ..I am picturing a truck load!!!

are you going to use them for fishing as well as compost?

I love your name it is perfect!

of course I adore Dr Seus to this day so any play on his words ..just wonderful! because he was nothing but a huge player with words!

I met him when I was 3 years old and still remember!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am yet to do this for 2 reasons.

One I can't forgive myself for spending money on worms...

Second, we have a pond in our yard for the guys to fish, and honestly, if they find worms they will use them all until they are just gone!!!

:/

Sam The Yam

Leafing Out
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
People have worms delivered? I just put stuff in a pile an they show up! I guess I am lucky in that respect.
I know it does sound kind of funny to be getting a worm delivery, but here in Arizona worms don't just happen to be worming around like they do in other parts of the country, so we have to have ours delivered. Kind of like the snowbirds that come to visit our state. Plus, with a place like they will have at Sam the Yam's place they might arrived in a Wormobile!

Sam The Yam

Leafing Out
Reaction score
vfem said:
I am yet to do this for 2 reasons.

One I can't forgive myself for spending money on worms...

Second, we have a pond in our yard for the guys to fish, and honestly, if they find worms they will use them all until they are just gone!!!

:/
I know what you mean, where I grew up in Northern Utah we would just go out at night when we were irrigating or after a rain and be able to find night crawlers all over, or you would dig a little in the garden and you would find your worms, but here in Arizona it's not quite like that. I didn't ever think I would be spending money on worms either but hey, I did, and now I've got to make it work. Maybe it will be my new career! You could be one of the first to know Sam the Yam and how he got started in his worm fortune!:)

Sam The Yam

Leafing Out
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
Congratulations on your worm delivery!!!! how exciting! like Wifezilla I have tons of worms already here but if someone wanted to give me a delivery of them I would be happy to take them!!!
I do not think there are every too many worms in a garden ..I was so exited yesterday when I found them wiggling in areas previously wormless in my garden ..like by the walls of my tiers...

anyway do a search above when you have time and just sit back and read all the wonderful worm info on not just this board but also on BYC and the SS ..you can check out the 4H I think they have a whole thing on verming :)

I keep meaning to start a worm bin just to make worm dirt for my potted plants ..but I have so many things that HAVE to be done I will just follow your thread if you will keep us updated please on how your worm adventure !

how many worms are you getting? ..I am picturing a truck load!!!

are you going to use them for fishing as well as compost?

I love your name it is perfect!

of course I adore Dr Seus to this day so any play on his words ..just wonderful! because he was nothing but a huge player with words!

I met him when I was 3 years old and still remember!
Well, I ordered one pound of worms and I emailed them to ask how many worms were in a pound and they answered back 800-1000. So I will have quite a few to keep track of. I've decided not to name them all though, just have one name for all of them "Slimey"

I am planning on composting only but if anyone needs some fishing worms I will have them available for that. I used to sell nightcrawlers as a kid for fishing.

You met Dr. Seuss? How about that! Did he talk like he writes?!

Yes, Sam is quite the character. He has been yamnapped and we had to even put out a yamber alert for him. He has returned the next day unharmed. True story!

Sam The Yam

Leafing Out
Reaction score
lesa said:
Let us know how your experience goes.. I have read everything on this site about worms!! I just can't quite decide if I want to take the plunge...I am wondering if you end up with enough castings, from a small scale operation to make it worth while. Good luck!
well, I will see how it goes myself. I have to be a little adventuresome in my middle age. Why, some people have a middle age crisis and go out and buy some lavish car or Harley or something and what do I buy? A pound of red wrigglers!

Latest posts