Worst Drivers

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey! RidgeRunner has an avatar!

And, it's Real! From the Movie!

Chilco does indeed have a lake. Up there on the Rimrock . . . that waterfall you see there at Chilco, that is where the water comes from. (Now, you better not tell me you haven't seen the waterfall . . . :p.)

Steve
senior citizen . . . by the way, all those accidents & tickets were from when i was younger than i am now . . .

It so happens that I have indeed seen that waterfall!
And, coincidentally, all the things I've done, including dumb things, happened when I was younger too.....sometimes only minutes younger. :D

Ridge, I hardly recognized you!

As far as bad driving goes I would have figured CA as being in the top 10. Of course I no longer live there, so maybe that's the difference.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Haha, it's not ME! I've become a much better driver since my teen years...yikes, don't even want to think about that. I'm so much more aware of what other vehicles are doing now than I used to be. A few years ago I avoided a nasty head on collision by steering into the ditch (and right up out again, believe it or not), but I only had enough time to react because I was paying attention and noticed that the 1st oncoming car was stopped, and the 2nd oncoming car was coming...TOO FAST! (and for some reason decided to avoid hitting the 1st car by coming into MY lane instead of their ditch, what the heck!)

I have a huge fear of sliding off the road...into water. I've always been anxious about that, but then I saw it happen to someone else, in IDAHO! Early one morning we were driving along the Salmon River, narrow windy canyon, and there was a heavy frost that made the road SKETCHY. All the sudden we came around a bend, and there was a car upside down in the water! Thank God the people had already been rescued, it really freaked me out!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I reject their idea of a who a bad driver is. Speeding does not make one a bad driver. I'd go with DUI, accidents, & driving while texting (also driving without Bluetooth while on phone). But speeding, it depends where you are. In West where there is NO ONE within miles what is reckless about driving 80 in a 70? I'd say driving 35 in school zone or in bad weather is worse.

Worst drivers, the ones who get in left hand lane on 4 lane highway and do the same speed as those on the right, backing up traffic for miles..........When I get my first million, I'm putting a bazooka on my truck, blowing them up and off the road. Yet they get NO ticket!!!!!! As you can tell a real hot spot for me. Michigan drivers don't even realize there is a right lane in a 4 lane. I'm going to go simmer down now, get back on my meds...... :barnie

Last edited:

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yup, agree with you seedcorn. Lots of montanans consider posted highway speed limits as "recommendations" :lol:

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just don't do that with out-of-state tags. I got tickets in Wyoming and Colorado being the only one with out-of-state tags traveling with "the flow of traffic" in a group. In Colorado a car was passing me at the time but they had Colorado tags. Guess who got the ticket.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
An avatar from the movie Avatar. I laughed pretty hard when I saw that! :D

I remember it snowing once when I lived in TX, scarcely an inch, and everyone else on the road was crawling. They drive slow in the rain too. Guess they don't see much of either, lol.

West Virginians joke about Ohioans being bad drivers. All those straight, flat roads through the corn fields, you know, no challenge at all. Then they cross the bridge and come over here...it's like a whole other world! We all learned to drive like Mario Andretti on these curvy backroads. ;) We had spots on the way home, driving my parents' minivan home from school, we'd speed up and try to ramp it like the Dukes of Hazard! :thumbsup

Now, just because you have a lot of tickets doesn't mean you are a Bad Driver. Maybe the cops just don't appreciate your Skilz. hehe

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do other states have defensive driving class? Friend and I took it this summer, 5 hours long after taking class you get up to 4 points taken off your lic and 10% off your insurance.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Journey, We were very used to those those flat areas! We took a drive down to southern Ohio looking for houses so we could get out of the suburbs... Oh boy were we amazed! :lol:

We were driving down over those hills and around those curves and all that worrying we were going to fall into one of those gullies! Yup, that was a real shocker. Good memories...:p

Even now only a few counties down from our original home, we still think it's bumpy! (We originally come from Sandusky county, now we are in Richland.) Can't imagine what the roads would be like in WV, especially during this time of year. We're thinking about heading down to Kentucky now.

Latest posts